水晶

邦联

发表于 2009-6-12 00:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 心无所羁 于 2009-6-12 15:51 编辑

CHAPTER No. 3
第三章

Dooku was too shocked to say a word.
杜库震惊得一句话也说不出来。
"The Council will want to see you both," Oppo Rancisis said sternly.
“委员会将见你们两个,”Oppo Rancisis严厉地说。

"But I didn't - " Dooku began.
Oppo Rancisis held up a hand. "Whatever you have to say will be said before the Council. The truth will be spoken there." He turned and walked out.
“但我没有……”杜库刚要开口,Oppo Rancisis举手示意他:“想说什么到委员会面前再说吧。真相将会水落石出。”然后他转身就走了。

"Dooku, listen - " Lorian started.
“听着,杜库”Lorian开始说话了。
Rage filled Dooku. He couldn't even meet his friend's gaze.
而杜库心中充满愤怒,他甚至没去理会朋友的注视。
He ran blindly down the hall. He didn't know where he was going. He had so many sanctuaries in the Temple - a favorite bench, a spot by a window, a rock by the lake - but he could not imagine any of those places offering him sanctuary now. His heart was so full of black anger and bitterness that he felt he was choking.
他疯狂地跑出大厅,也不知道自己要去哪里。在绝地圣殿,有许许多多他心中的“圣地”:一条他最喜欢的长凳,一个靠窗的地方,一块湖边的岩石——但他难以想象现在还有哪个地方可以提供给他安全的庇护了。他心中充满了黑暗的愤怒和痛苦,几乎让他窒息。

His best friend had betrayed him. Throughout the years at the Temple, he could always depend on Lorian. They had shared jokes and secrets. They had competed and helped each other. They had quarreled and made up.
他最好的朋友竟然背叛了他。在绝地圣殿的这么多年里,他总是能信赖Lorian——他们曾经一起分享玩笑和秘密,曾经相互竞争、相互帮助,也曾经争吵而后又和好。
The fact that this person could betray him shocked him so deeply he felt sick.
这个人背叛他的事实,对他的打击太大了,让他感到非常难过。

He didn't know how he passed the day. Somehow the news got out that the two had been caught.
Students sent him sidelong looks and hurried by him. Jedi Knights who did not know him studied him as they passed in the hall. Dooku longed to go to Yoda and explain everything, but he knew that Yoda would only repeat what Oppo Rancisis had said. He had to suffer through the days until the Jedi Council found the time to speak to them.
他不知道自己是如何度过这一天的。他和Lorian两个人被抓的消息莫名其妙地传开了。学生们对他侧目而视,从他身旁匆匆走过。不认识他的绝地武士在大厅走过时也奇怪地盯着他。杜库想去找尤达大师说明一切,但他知道尤达只会重复Oppo Rancisis所说的话。他只能默默忍受,直到委员会有时间来找他们谈话的那一天。

Dooku did not have the appetite or the nerve to face the others in the dining hall for the evening meal. He stayed in his room. When at last the hallways glowed with the cool blue light that meant the Temple was settling down to sleep, he felt relief. At least for the next hours he wouldn't be under scrutiny.
晚餐时间,杜库也没有胃口,他更没有勇气去面对大厅里的其他人。他只能呆坐在自己的房间里。最终,当走廊里反射着清凉淡蓝的光亮,绝地圣殿渐渐平静进入沉睡时,他才感到一丝放松。至少在接下来的几小时内,他不用再被人盯视了。

He couldn't wait to be called before the Council. He couldn't wait to tell the truth. He knew the Masters would believe him and not Lorian. A Jedi Master was adept at discerning truth. Lorian would not get away with his lie, and Dooku would have justice.
他迫不及待地想被委员会传唤。他要马上说出真相。他知道大师们一定会相信他,而不是Lorian。绝地大师都是善于洞察真相的,Lorian将难以推脱他的谎言,而他杜库将会得到公正。

He turned out the light and lay on his sleep couch, his heart burning. He imagined how clearly he would speak. He would tell the truth - all of it. He would tell them how Lorian tried to tempt him. He would tell them how he refused him, and how Lorian had pressed him. It was with great satisfaction that Dooku imagined Lorian's punishment. A reprimand would surely not go far enough. Lorian could even get expelled from the Jedi Order.
杜库熄灭灯,躺在睡沙发上,心口灼热不已。他想象着他是如何清晰地陈述事实,他要说出一切真相——他要告诉委员们Lorian是怎样引诱他,他又是怎样拒绝Lorian,而Lorian又是怎么对他施压的。一想象到Lorian即将受到惩罚,杜库心里就会有极大的满足感。一顿斥责当然是远远不够的,Lorian甚至可能会被逐出绝地武士团。

His door hissed open. He hadn't locked it. Dooku never locked his door. He'd never needed to, until now.
这时门忽然开了。他没有锁门。杜库从不锁门,也从不需要,但这到现在为止了。
Lorian slipped into the dark room. Dooku said nothing, hoping his contempt would fill the space better than words.
Lorian悄悄走进昏暗的房间里。杜库沉默不语,他希望他的蔑视能比语言更好地充满空间。
Lorian sat on the floor, a few meters away from the sleep couch.
Lorian在离他睡沙发几米远的地板上坐下。
"I had a reason for saying what I did," he said. "I'm not interested in your reasons."
“我当时那么说是有理由的。”他说。
“我对你的借口不感兴趣。”

"You don't understand anything," Lorian burst out. "Everything comes so easily to you. You never think about other people, about how they suffer. You just kept telling me I shouldn't worry about getting chosen. Why shouldn't I worry? Time is running out! It's so easy for you to say. You were picked right away."
“你懂什么!”Lorian突然大声喊道,“对你来说,一切都来得那么容易。你从不为别人考虑,也不在乎别人的痛苦。你只会不停地对我说不要担心,我会被选中的。可我怎么能不担心?时间不等人!你说的容易,你倒是早被选上了。”

"So you're blaming me for that?" Dooku hissed. "Is that why you lied to Oppo Rancisis?"
“所以你就因此埋怨我?”杜库低声抗议,“难道这就是你对Oppo Rancisis说谎的原因?”
"No," Lorian said. "And I don't blame you for anything except not trying to understand how I feel. We're supposed to be best friends, and you never, ever really tried. All you think about is your own pleasure in your success."
“不,”Lorian说,“除了不理解我的感受,我并没有怪你什么,我们应该是好朋友,但你从来没有试着真正理解我。你只想着自己成功的喜悦。”
"Get out of my room," Dooku said.
“你滚出去!”杜库喊道。

Instead, Lorian stretched out on the floor. His voice lowered. "Can't you understand, Dooku? I'm in trouble. I need your help. I know I was wrong. I shouldn't have taken the Holocron. But I was desperate. I thought if only I had an edge, if only I could know something that no one else knows.... Can't you understand why I would want that?"
恰恰相反,Lorian在地板上伸展开四肢,他压低了声音:“杜库,难道你还不清楚吗?我现在有麻烦了,我需要你的帮助。我知道错了,我不应该拿走全息记录。但当时我很绝望,我想我要是能有点优势,知道一些别人都不知道的东西该多好……难道你不理解我为什么想要那个吗?”
"No," Dooku said. But he did.
“是的,”杜库冷冷地回答道。但实际他能理解Lorian的感受。

"Now if the Council finds out I did it, I could be kicked out of the Jedi."
“现在如果委员会发现是我干的,我会被赶出绝地武士团。”
"You're exaggerating, as usual," Dooku said scathingly. But hadn't he been thinking the same thing?
“你还是像往常一样夸张,”杜库尖酸刻薄地说,但他不也是这么想的吗?
"Everything is at stake for me," Lorian said. "But you've already been chosen by the great Thame Cerulian. Not only that, Master Yoda has taken a persona interest in you. The Council has watched you, too. They know you have an extraordinary Force connection. They'll forgive you. Especially since your Master is interested in the Sith. You could say you just wanted to do some research."
“我现在的处境太危险了,”Lorian说,“而你已经被Thame Cerulian选中了。不仅如此,尤达大师也对你很感兴趣,甚至整个委员会都在密切关注着你。他们知道你有特殊强的原力感应,他们会原谅你的。尤其是你的老师对西斯感兴趣,你可以说你只是想做一些研究。”

Lorian's voice floated up in the darkness, ragged with desperation. "I panicked when Oppo Rancisis came in. I saw my future, and it scared me. I could get kicked out, and where would I go, what would I do?"
Lorian的声音漂浮在黑暗中,充满了绝望:“Oppo Rancisis进来时,我慌极了。我甚至看到了自己的未来——我可能会被赶出去,我真是吓坏了,那时我去哪呢,那时我该做什么呢?”
"You should have thought of that before you stole the Sith Holocron."
“你早该在偷西斯全息记录前就想到会有这么一天。”
"I know I shouldn't ask such a big thing, but who else can I ask but my best friend? Because no matter what, you're still my best friend." Lorian paused. For a moment, all Dooku could hear was their breathing. "Will you cover for me?"
“我知道我不应该提出这么过分的要求,但除了我最好的朋友,我还能求谁呢?因为无论发生什么事情,你都是我的好朋友。”Lorian停顿了一下。沉默中,杜库只能听见他们两人的呼吸声。“你能代我受过吗?”

Dooku wanted to burst out with a savage "No!" But he couldn't. He didn't know if Lorian could get kicked out of the order - he didn't think so. But it served Lorian right to have to worry about it.
杜库真想野蛮地大吼一声“不行!”,但他做不到。他不知道Lorian会不会被赶出绝地武士团,尽管他认为不会的,但Lorian的担忧还是有道理的。
Dooku didn't know what to say. He wasn't prepared to lie, but he couldn't say no to his friend. So he said nothing, and, after a long while, the two friends fell asleep.
杜库不知道该说什么好,他不打算撒谎,但他怎么能对他的朋友说“不”。所以杜库选择了保持沉默……过了很长一段时间,两个人都睡着了。

Punishment would be severe for him, especially since he'd tried to lie and cover up. But Lorian was right - Dooku was a favorite of the Jedi Masters. He knew how he could tell the story so that he would just get a lecture, most likely. He would let them think it was a hunger for knowledge, a desire to impress his new Master. They would believe that.
Lorian将受到严厉的惩罚,特别是因为他曾试图撒谎掩盖过错。Lorian是对的——杜库是绝地大师们的宠儿。杜库知道应该怎么编个故事,而他最有可能也就是被训斥一顿而已。他会让大师们认为这只是对知识的渴望,只是想给他的新老师一个惊喜罢了。而大师们也会相信他的。

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2009-6-12 03:07 | 显示全部楼层
小书翻译得好快啊。
The universe is dominated by the dark side.

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2009-6-12 09:03 | 显示全部楼层
继续努力!大家支持你!
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

西斯

发表于 2009-6-12 14:53 | 显示全部楼层
“offering him sanctuary now”可以翻成给他提供庇护啊,还有为什么时而委员会,时而长老会呢……

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-12 15:46 | 显示全部楼层
嗯,,,sanctuary这个词确有庇护所的意思,原文 He had so many sanctuaries in the Temple - a favorite bench, a spot by a window, a rock by the lake - but he could not imagine any of those places offering him sanctuary now. 由于第一个sanctuary在翻译时译成庇护所似乎有所不通——他在绝地圣殿有许多庇护所==,所以一脉相承译成圣地了,经LS提醒,觉得第二处改为庇护较好~不知各位高人意下如何?
委员会是经LT大哥提点的译法,我之前都翻译为长老会了,没完全改过来。。。
现已改正
另:多谢各位的建议和鼓励~你们的支持就是我最大的动力!O(∩_∩)O~
没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

西斯

发表于 2009-6-12 16:18 | 显示全部楼层
前一个是他心目中的“圣地”,后一个是这些圣地此时此刻给他提供“庇护”,也有避免前后重复的意思。

Jedi Council以前一直是译为“绝地议会”的,我看过旧论坛的帖子,好像统一成绝地委员会了,个人意见保留……

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 18:02 , Processed in 0.074122 second(s), 20 queries .