水晶
发表于 2010-1-31 22:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 August 于 2010-1-31 22:58 编辑

(The 1976 McQuarrie Vader Costume)

2010年1月12日

作者:John Brosio,Pete Vilmur
翻译:August
校对:DataLore,tritium

If you're one of the lucky fans to snag a rare pre-release copy of The Complete Vader book last fall, you may have been intrigued by the cool-looking Darth Vader costume depicted on page 17 -- a costume that appears to have been based on early Ralph McQuarrie concept drawings for the character.
如果你是去年秋天抢先获得一本珍贵的预发布版《维达全书》的那些幸运影迷中的一员,你也许已经对描绘在第17页上那张外观很酷的达斯·维达服装着了迷——这件服装看来好象是根据Ralph McQuarrie为这个角色所画的早期概念绘图而制作的。

Often mistaken as an early prototype mock-up for the Dark Lord's helmet and chest armor, this particular costume actually never came anywhere near the Star Wars soundstages in England -- rather, this was a Halloween costume fabricated by Star Wars concept designer Joe Johnston for a festive Industrial Light & Magic Halloween party in 1976!
这套服装经常被误认为是为黑暗尊主头盔和胸甲所做的早期蓝本实体模型,但它实际上从来没有出现在英国的《星球大战》摄影棚——相反,这是1976年,《星球大战》概念设计师Joe Johnston为庆祝“工业光魔公司万圣节派对”制作的万圣节服装!

The Joe Johnston-built, Ralph McQuarrie-inspired Darth Vader costume at ILM, 1976
Joe Johnston制作,受Ralph McQuarrie启发的达斯维达服,1976年,在ILM。

Ralph McQuarrie的维达设定图

Artist and former ILM Creature Shop employee John Brosio, who also happened to create a pretty stunning Vader of his own, recently asked Johnston about the fabled "McQuarrie Vader" costume, and its ultimate fate:
艺术家兼前ILM“生物商店”雇员John Brosio——他碰巧也创作了一件属于自己的相当令人震惊的维达作品——最近向Johnston询问了关于这件传说中的“McQuarrie维达”服的问题,以及这件服装的最终结局:

Brosio: Did you construct the entire costume?
Brosio:你制作了整套服装吗?

Johnston: Yes, I made it in the model shop after hours. I put in one all-nighter as it got close to Halloween.
Johnston:没错,我在模型商店里花了几个小时进行制作。因为万圣节近在眼前,所以我干了一个通宵。

Was it styrene? Fiberglass?
它是苯乙烯的,还是玻璃纤维的?

It was slump-molded styrene over a fibreglass body mold that had been sent over with one of the costume shipments and discarded. The styrene completely covered the body mold which was a light brown and very rough textured. The helmet was based on a plastic German army helmet from the toy store, with styrene panels and model kit parts attached.
它是用凹模法在一个玻璃纤维模体上喷涂苯乙烯,模体是和一批服装货物一起送来的,然后被我废物利用了。苯乙烯完全覆盖在模体上,它是浅棕色,有着粗纹理。头盔是以一顶来自玩具店的塑料德军头盔为基础制作的,附上苯乙烯面板和模型配套元件。

Is it true that you had glam boots on it?
你是不是真的给它配了一双时尚皮靴?

No. The boots were made from a pair of old shoes that I glued to a four inch thick block of foam, then cut around the soles of the shoes and covered the entire boot with sheet styrene.
不是。鞋子是用一双旧靴子做的,我把它用胶水粘到一块四英寸厚的泡沫塑料上,然后沿鞋底割下来,再在整只靴子上涂上一层苯乙烯。

Joe Johnston at ILM in the late‘70s
70年代末期Joe Johnston在ILM

When was it made?
它是什么时候被做出来的?

It was made for Halloween in 1976. It was based on Ralph McQuarrie's early illustration of Luke and Vader having their laser sword fight, which is why it doesn't look like the final version of Vader. At the point I made it, I had not seen the version of the suit that John Mollo had built. The color is a blue gray, matching the illustration.
它是为了1976年的万圣节而制作的。以Ralph McQuarrie早期所画的卢克和维达光剑之战插图为基础制作,这就是为什么这服装看上去和维达的最终版本不一样。我做的时候,还没有看到John Mollo做的那套服装的版本。它的颜色是蓝灰色,和插图相似。

What year was it destroyed on Halloween?
它是哪一年的万圣节前夜被毁掉的?

It wasn't destroyed on Halloween. It was stored in a box of Star Wars things and was partially crushed when a box of heavier items fell on it as I was preparing to move to Marin County in April of 1978. It was too much trouble to repair so the entire thing went into the trash, except for the helmet.
它不是在万圣节前夜被毁的。它被存放在一个放《星战》物品的箱子里,1978年4月我准备搬到马林郡去时,一箱重物倒在上面,它的一部分被砸碎了。要修复实在太麻烦,因此除了头盔,其余的都进了垃圾箱。

Could you see out of it?
你能透过头盔看到外面吗?

Yes, very clearly. I used a pair of tinted safety goggles as part of the faceplate.
能,看得很清楚。我用了一双染过色的护目镜作为面板的一部分。

Is it true that the costume never made it to Northern California?
这件服装从来没去过北加州,是真的吗?

True, except for the helmet. I saved the helmet for a few years, but pieces started to come off and since it really wasn't the Vader that the world knew, I didn't feel compelled to keep it from its destiny with the Dumpster.
是真的,除了头盔。我把头盔收藏了几年,不过部件开始脱落,既然它并不真正是世界所熟知的那个维达,我觉得我并没有必要让它免除被扔进垃圾箱的命运。

This rare shot of Johnston's workspace reveals several drawings and designs by the artist, including the McQuarrie-inspired Vader helmet and a small photo of Johnston in the costume at center (see below). According to Johnston, the bucket at right contained the paint used on his Vader costume.
这张罕见的Johnston工作区的照片揭示了几张艺术家创作的绘画和设计,包括受McQuarrie启发而制作的维达头盔,以及一张Johnston穿着这套服装的小照片(见下)。根据Johnston的说法,右边的篮子里装着他用在维达服装上的涂料。

UPDATE:
更新:

We received a bit of extra commentary from Joe Johnston about the costume and found another rare photo from 1976 (not the full-length image Johnston refers to, however):
我们收到了来自Joe Johnston关于这件服装的一点额外评论,并且发现了另一张1976年的珍贵照片(不过不是Johnston提及的全身照):

Joe Johnston in the Vader costume poses with special effects supervisor John Dykstra in 1976
1976年,Joe Johnston穿着维达服,和特效总监John Dykstra合影

"Somewhere there's a full length shot of me at the party in the Vader suit with a working neon laser sword that one of the tech guys built for me just for the party. It had a huge ballast hidden in the handle and a very substantial extension cord. I think I could walk about 10 or 12 feet before I ran out of cord...very useful in lightsaber duels."
“在某处有一张我在派对上穿着这套维达服的全身照,手拿一把会发光的氖气光剑,那是搞技术的一个家伙给我专为这次派对制作的。把手里藏着一个巨大的镇流器,和一根非常结实的延长线。我想我可以在用完延长线之前走出大约10到12英尺……这在光剑决斗里很管用。”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look for The Complete Vader in October, 2011.
盼望着2011年10月出版的《维达全书》

出处:http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20100112.html

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2010-1-31 23:20 | 显示全部楼层
哇,还要一年多才能拿到新版的啊。
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

同盟

发表于 2010-1-31 23:22 | 显示全部楼层
说真的,这个比胸口前有按钮的那套更有科幻的风格。

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶
发表于 2010-2-1 10:30 | 显示全部楼层
这张图片是不是经过水平翻转了?测距仪应该在头盔的右侧啊。还是说,早起的设定是在左侧?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 04:01 , Processed in 0.067028 second(s), 19 queries .