主题

帖子

精华

超级版主

原力
水晶
发表于 2009-8-26 22:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 August 于 2009-8-26 22:36 编辑

Echoing a similar question-and-answer session held in 1997 during the making of Episode I, director George Lucas and producer Rick McCallum held a press conference in the Royal Palace at Caserta, Italy. Caserta doubled as Queen Amidala's home in The Phantom Menace, and will again form part of the Naboo background to be seen in Episode II.
与1997年拍摄EPI时召开的问答会一样,导演乔治·卢卡斯和制片人瑞克·麦克鲁姆在意大利凯瑟塔皇家宫殿召开了一个记者招待会。凯瑟塔继《幽灵的威胁》一片中成为阿米达拉女王的家后,在EPII中将再一次成为纳布星球背景地的一部分。

Here is a transcript of today's conference:
这里是一份今天招待会内容的抄本:

Q: How many days are you here?
问:你们在这里呆几天?

George Lucas: We are supposed to be shooting here for two days. We have been in Italy for a little over a week. We have been in the north, around Lake Como.
乔治·卢卡斯:我们预计在这里拍摄两天。我们在意大利已经呆了一个礼拜多。在意大利北部,科莫湖周围。

Q: Who are the actors in this movie?
问:这部片子里有哪些演员?

George Lucas: It's going to be about the same as it was last time, minus Liam Neeson, with the addition of Hayden Christensen.
乔治·卢卡斯:和上一部影片的阵容差不多,没有了利亚姆·尼森,新增了海登·克里斯腾森。

Q: This film is shot in the digital format. Do you think that physical actors will disappear from this kind of movie, giving way to digital actors made with computers?
问:这部影片是用数字格式拍摄的。你是否认为真人演员会从这种形式的影片中消失,让位于由计算机生成的数字演员呢?

George Lucas: The advance of cinema into the digital world is just a normal transition that is taking place in the world of cinema. Just as we went from silent films to sound films and then eventually from black and white films to color films, this is a transition and an addition of the tools we use to create our art. It is very much like the transition from fresco painting to oil painting. Fresco painting was very difficult and it demanded a lot of people to be involved, a lot of technology in terms of learning how to mix color, and what color they were going to dry into. It was a very difficult process for the artist. Oils were invented to free the artist up to work outside, to come back tomorrow and paint some more over what he had already painted, if he changed his mind, and to know that the color he was using was going to stay that way. So it didn't mean that frescoes were less an art, it just simply meant that we had progressed into another whole realm of technology that allowed artists to express themselves.
乔治·卢卡斯:电影进入数字化世界的进步只是发生在电影世界里的一个正常的变化。就如同我们从无声电影到有声电影,最终又从黑白电影来到了彩色电影一样,这是我们用以创作我们的艺术的工具的转变和进步。这与从湿壁画技术到油画技术的转变十分类似。湿壁画绘画十分困难,它需要许多人共同参与,还要学习大量的关于如何调色的技术,以及了解这种颜料变干后会变成什么颜色。这对艺术家是十分艰难的方法。油画颜料的发明使艺术家可以到户外创作,可以第二天接着画,也可以在他改变主意时在已经画好的部分上进行修改,他也能知道自己正在使用的这种颜色可以一直保持下去,不会发生改变。这并不是说湿壁画就不是艺术了,这只不过意味着我们进入了一个全新的技术领域可以允许艺术家更好地发挥他们自己的才干。

The role of actors in this new medium is exactly the same as it was in past mediums of black and white films and silent films and the photochemical process of film. The issue that comes up sometimes about using a digital actor, is people forget that acting is an art form. You can't just take the likeness of a human being and make them act, no matter how you do it, it takes actors. It takes actors to do the voice, it takes actors to do the animation, it takes actors to create the characters. I see digital technology as being a boon for actors and giving more work to more actors, rather than replacing actors.
在这种新形式下的演员的任务其实与过去的黑白片、无声片以及电影的光化学加工时代演员的任务是完全一样的。有时出现的关于数字演员的使用的讨论,是由于人们忘了表演是一门艺术。你不能只用一个和人类相似的东西让它们表演,无论你怎样做,它总是要用到演员。它需要演员来进行声音表演,需要演员来让它有生气,需要演员来塑造角色。我把数字技术看作是一种对演员的福利,它给更多的演员提供更多的工作机会,而不是取代演员。

George Lucas and Giovanna Melandri, Minister of Culture for Italy.
乔治·卢卡斯和意大利文化部长乔凡娜·玛兰德瑞

Q: What are the scenes you are going to shoot here in Caserta?
问:你打算在凯瑟塔拍摄哪些场景?

George Lucas: What we are shooting here in Caserta are the same palace scenes that we shot in Episode I. They had a very advanced society that was rich in culture that we have modeled after Italy. This is the palace of the queen but in this case the queen is an elected official.
乔治·卢卡斯:我们在凯瑟塔拍摄的镜头是和EPI中一样的皇宫场景。这是一个我们模仿意大利设计出来的有着丰富文化底蕴的先进社会。这里是女王的宫殿,不过在这一集中女王当选为政府官员。

Q: How are things changing regarding the sound as the picture is evolving to the digital system?
问:当画面进化到数字系统时声音有了什么样的变化?

George Lucas: I have found sound to be a very important part of the movie process. I am a student and advocate of silent film. I became very fascinated with the relationship between sound and picture and the emotional effect it can have. I think digital sound and better quality sound and picture is very important to the cinema experience.
乔治·卢卡斯:我发现声音是电影制作过程中一个非常重要的部分。我是无声电影的学生与鼓吹者。我对声音与画面之间的关系和它们所能产生的情感效果变得十分着迷。我认为数字音响和更优质的声音与画面对影院体验是非常重要的。

Q: What can you tell us about the location in Como?
问:关于科莫湖的外景地你能告诉我们些什么?

George Lucas: Well primarily we were interested in the beautiful gardens of Como. We shot on some various locations of villas. It was really, again, a part of this planet of Naboo that we have created and it is incredibly beautiful up there. There are many places here in Italy that are unlike any place else in the world. It is not just the natural beauty that we are looking for, it also cultivated beauty of the culture.
乔治·卢卡斯:首先我们对科莫湖周围那些美丽的花园很感兴趣。我们在别墅区一些不同的外景地拍摄。那的确是我们创造的纳布这个星球的又一部分,那里有着令人难以置信的美景。意大利的许多地方与世界上的任何地方都不一样。它不仅仅有我们正在寻找的自然的美丽,还有一种文化积淀形成的美。

Q: What do you think the audience would feel watching this movie?
问:你认为观众对这部影片的观感会怎样?

George Lucas:Star Wars is a human saga and about the struggle that we have between what is good and what is evil and also deals with other more personal issues of growing up, and family, and politics. I have tried to bring together a lot of the ideas that have existed over the last few thousand years and put them into a new story primarily for young people, to understand the human heritage, not just of one particular country, the human heritage that we all share.
乔治·卢卡斯:《星球大战》是一个人的传奇,是关于我们在什么是善、什么是恶之间的挣扎,它还涉及到了其他更个人化的问题,诸如成长、家庭,还有政治。我努力想把存在在这最近一千多年中的许多观点融合到一起,把它们放到一个新的主要是为年轻人准备的故事里,以此去理解人类的传统,不仅仅是一个特指的国家,而是我们共同享有的人类传统。

For choosing Caserta as an Episode II location, Lucas was given this gift of a globe depicting zodiac constellations, made by Mario Basile.
因为选择了凯瑟塔作为EPII的外景地之一,卢卡斯得到了一个礼物:由马里奥·贝斯里制作的描绘有黄道十二宫星图的地球仪。

Q: How much does a movie like this cost?
问:象这样的一部影片花费多少?

George Lucas: The budget of this film is roughly the same as the last film that we did in that it is going to be about in the $115 million range. The last time we were able to bring it in for less money than what it was budgeted for. I am hoping that we can do the same thing this time.
乔治·卢卡斯:这部影片的预算大致上与上部影片一样,大约在一亿一千五百万美圆左右。上一次我们的花费比预算的要少一些。我希望这一次我们也能做到。

Q: Do you believe in UFO's or other life in the universe?
问:你相信UFO或者宇宙中存在别的生命吗?

George Lucas: The only thing I know for sure in life is that I don't know anything. I have an open mind to any possibilities. Scientifically we live in a very vast universe. I am convinced that there is other life in the universe. Whether or not it is intelligent, whether or not it has ever visited us is a completely open question.
乔治·卢卡斯:我唯一可以肯定地知道的是:我不是无所不知的。我对可能发生的事抱有一种开通的思想。按科学的解释我们生活在一个非常广阔的宇宙中。我确信在宇宙中有其他生命。无论是否有智慧,无论是否曾经访问过我们,都是一个完全悬而未决的问题。

原文网址: http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2000/09/news20000906.html(连接已失效)

评分

查看全部评分

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2009-8-27 11:06 | 显示全部楼层
难得的东西,我顶啊
我是GG,所有的绝地和反星战的都是我的敌人

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 01:03 , Processed in 0.069346 second(s), 19 queries .