外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2009-6-7 15:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 心无所羁 于 2009-6-7 23:01 编辑

CHAPTER No. 2
第二章

Now that Dooku was through with his official Temple training, he was allowed to structure his days himself. Although he was expected to continue to study and devote himself to battle training and physical discipline, it was also expected that he would allot the time for activities he enjoyed. In the brief period between a Padawan's last official classes and becoming an apprentice, the Jedi Masters indulged their students and gave them freedom to roam.
杜库已经完成他的在绝地圣殿的正式训练,可以自由安排自己的时间了。尽管杜库要继续学习、参加对战训练、体能训练,他还要挤出时间参与他感兴趣的活动。在从绝地幼童过渡到绝地学徒的短暂时间里,绝地大师们往往会放松对学生的要求,给予他们随意逛逛的自由。

Dooku woke early. His conversation with Lorian the day before still troubled him. He decided to head to the Room of the Thousand Fountains to stroll among the greenery and let the music of the water calm his mind. It felt luxurious to be able to decide how to spend his time. He knew such days would be over soon, and he intended to enjoy every second of them. He wouldn't allow a small disagreement with his friend to ruin them, either.
杜库醒得很早。前天洛里安和他的对话依然让他心烦意乱。他决定去千泉厅,在绿色的草木中散步,让泉水叮咚作响的乐曲来平静内心。能自己决定如何利用他的时间,真令人感到奢侈。他知道这样的日子很快就要结束了,所以他决心充分享受现在的每一分钟。他绝不会允许他和朋友之间一点小小的争执毁了这段美好的时光。

He stepped out into the hallway and immediately noticed a change. Dooku sometimes wasn't sure whether the Force or his intuition was working - he wasn't that experienced yet. But he knew that the atmosphere in the Temple had changed. There was a humming current underneath the calm, an agitation he could pick up easily.
他走进门厅,马上意识到有点不对劲——杜库有时候也不确定,到底是原力还是他的直觉在起作用——毕竟他还没那么多经验。但他确信绝地圣殿里的气氛变了。在平静的隐藏之下,有一股暗流嗡嗡地涌动着,那是一种他轻而易举就能辨别出来的躁动。

Ahead of him, a few students stood in a cluster. Dooku approached them. He recognized Hran Beling, a fellow student his age. Hran was a Vicon, a small species only one meter tall.
在他前面,几个学生站在那围成一群。杜库走近他们,他认出其中一个是Hran Beling,一个和他同龄的学生。Hran是一个Vicon族人,一种身高只有一米的小种族。
He didn't have to ask the students what they were discussing. Hran looked up at him, his long nose twitching. "Have you heard the news? The Sith Holocron has been stolen!"
杜库不用问就知道他们在议论什么。Hran抬头看他,鼻尖抽动:“你听说了吗?西斯全息记录被盗了!”

Dooku was naturally pale, but he felt his blood drain from his face, and he was sure he looked as white as a medic's gown. "What? How?"
杜库面色苍白,他感到血液从脸上流走。他敢肯定自己的脸现在看起来就像医生的白大褂一样白:“什么?怎么可能呢?”
"No one knows how," Hran said. "There could be an intruder at the Temple."
“没人知道怎么回事,”Hran说,“也许有人闯入了圣殿。”
One of the younger students lowered his voice to a whisper. "What if it's a Sith?"
一个年幼一点的学生压低了声音,嘀咕道:“如果是西斯怎么办?”

Hran's eyes twinkled. "Yes, what if it is?" he asked solemnly. "He could be walking the halls. He could be anywhere. What if he's behind you right now?" Hran gasped and pointed behind the young student, who jumped in alarm, his Padawan braid flying.
Hran的眼睛闪烁着,“是啊,如果真是西斯怎么办?”他故作严肃地问道。“他可能在大厅里行走,他可能在任何地方。如果此刻他正站在你身后怎么办?”他喘息着指向那个学生的身后,吓得那个学生跳了起来,绝地学徒的辫子也飞散了。
The others burst into nervous laughter. Dooku didn't join them. His heart thumping, he turned away.
其他人略带紧张地大笑起来。杜库没有笑。他心跳加速,转身离开了。
There had been no intruder. He was sure of it.
根本没有什么闯入者。他非常清楚这一点。

Dooku hurried to Lorian's quarters. The privacy light was on over Lorian's door, but he accessed it anyway. The door was locked.
杜库匆忙赶到Lorian的住处。Lorian门口的灯亮着,他随手关上了。大门紧锁着。
Dooku pressed his mouth against the seam of the door. "Let me in, Lorian."
杜库把嘴贴到门缝上:“Lorian,让我进去。”
There was no answer.
没人回答。
"Let me in or I'll go straight to the Jedi Council room," Dooku threatened.
“让我进去!不然我就直接去绝地长老会了,”杜库威胁道。

He heard the smooth click as the lock disengaged, and the door slid open. The room was dark, the shade drawn against the rising sun. He stepped inside and the door hissed shut behind him. All was dark except for the hologram of Caravan, a model star cruiser Lorian had designed. It traveled the room in an endless loop.
只听一声柔弱的脆响,门滑开了。房间里很黑,冉冉升起的太阳投下大片阴影。杜库走入房间,门自动在他身后轻声关上了。除了Lorian设计的巡洋舰模型全息图不停地在房间里巡回运动着,一切都是都是昏黑无光的。
Lorian sat in a corner, as if he were trying to press himself against the wall hard enough to melt inside it. His hands dangled between his knees, and Dooku saw that they were shaking.
Lorian蜷缩在角落里,身体拼命地挤压墙壁,好像在试图把自己塞到墙里。他的双手在两膝间摇摆着,杜库看到他双手不住地颤抖着。

"You took it."
“是你动了它。”
"I didn't mean to," Lorian said. "I just wanted to look at it."
“我不是故意的,”Lorian争辩道,“我只是想看看罢了。”
"Where is it?"
“它现在在哪?”
Lorian pointed to the far corner with his chin. "Do you feel it?" he whispered. "I feel so sick...."
Lorian抬了抬下巴,指向较远的墙角,“你感觉到了吗?”他低语,“我感觉很糟糕”
"Why did you take it?" Dooku asked sharply, his gaunt features making him look older than his years. Sweat broke out on his forehead. He could feel the dark power of the Holocron. He didn't want to look at it. Just knowing it was behind him in a dark corner was enough to make him feel shaky.
“你为什么要拿它?”杜库严厉地质问Lorian,他消瘦焦虑的面貌让他看起来比实际年龄更老。冷汗渗出他的前额,杜库能感到全息记录里黑暗的气息。他不想去看它,仅仅知道它存在于自己身后某个黑暗的角落里就已经足够让他颤抖了。

"I was in the archives. I had it in my hands. Someone was coming. I put it underneath my cloak. Then I ran." Lorian shuddered. "I was going to take it back, but I can't... I can't touch it again, Dooku. I didn't expect it to be like this."
“当时我在档案馆,手里正拿着它,有人就进来了。我只好把它藏在袍子里就跑了。”
"How did you expect it to be?" Dooku asked angrily. "A pleasant walk in the woods?"
“那你还想怎么样?”杜库生气地质问道,“你以为那是在森林里散步吗?”
"I have to bring it back," Lorian said. "I need your help." Dooku looked at him in disbelief. "I told you I didn't want anything to do with this."
“我得把它送回去,”Lorian说,“帮帮我,杜库。”杜库不信任地看着他:“我告诉过你,我什么都不想做。”

"But you have to help me!" Lorian cried. "You're my best friend!"
“但你一定要帮帮我!”Lorian哭喊道,“你可是我最好的朋友!”
"You got yourself into this," Dooku said. "Just stick it under your cloak again and bring it back."
“是你自己闯的祸,”杜库说,“你把它藏在袍子里再送回去就是了。”
"I can't do it alone, Dooku," Lorian said.
“我自己一个人怎么行,杜库,”Lorian说
Dooku's gaze rested on Lorian's shaking hands. He didn't doubt that Lorian wouldn't be able to do it. "Please, Dooku," Lorian begged.
杜库盯着Lorian颤抖的双手,他才不信Lorian自己做不到。“求求你了,杜库”Lorian可怜巴巴地恳求他。

Dooku didn't get a chance to answer. The door suddenly hissed open. Oppo Rancisis, Jedi Master and revered member of the Jedi Council, stood in the doorway.
杜库还没来的及回答,门突然开了。绝地大师Oppo Rancisis,委员会深受尊敬的成员之一,正站在门口。
"Are you ill, Lorian?" he asked kindly. "Some of the Masters noticed that you..." His voice trailed off. Dooku felt the atmosphere in the room change, as though gravity had increased. He felt it pressing against him.
“你病了吗,Lorian?”他和蔼地问道。“一些大师注意到你……”他的声音哽咽住了。杜库感到屋里的气氛突然改变,好像重力作用加大了般沉重。他感觉到那股力量正压向他。
Oppo Rancisis stared at them. "I sense a tremor in the Force," he said.
Oppo Rancisis瞪着他们说:“我感觉到原力有一丝颤动。”
They could not speak.
杜库和Lorian吓得说不出话来。

His keen gaze swept the room. Suddenly he turned and strode to the corner and picked up the Holocron. He placed it carefully in the deep pocket of his robe. Then he turned and regarded the two boys.
Oppo Rancisis敏锐的目光扫视整个房间,突然,他转身走向角落捡起那个全息记录。他把它小心地放进自己长袍的深口袋里,然后回头审视这两个男孩。
Lorian pressed himself back against the wall and pushed himself to a standing position.
Lorian紧靠着墙壁勉强站起来,“是杜库的主意,”他说。
"It was Dooku's idea," he said.

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2009-6-7 17:05 | 显示全部楼层
那本全息记录
---------
其实西斯的全息记录器是像金字塔形状的,不是一本书形状的,可以改为“那个全息记录器”。
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-7 18:55 | 显示全部楼层
已改正,感谢aweng哥指正。
初次翻译,有不当之处还请各位前辈多指点批评~~~

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

帝国克隆人汉化组

发表于 2009-6-7 22:52 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 luketime 于 2009-6-7 22:57 编辑

Room of the Thousand Fountains 我看到之前论坛上有朋友译成“千泉厅”,要是大家觉得这个译名可以的话,以后就沿用这个如何?

Jedi Council 现在论坛上大多译为“委员会”。

加分。

读者注意:这是为杜库留下一生心理阴影的“洛里安·诺德事件”。
Never  again  will  a  citizen  of  this  galaxy  watch  a  moonrise  in  quite  the  same  way.  He  will  stare  at  that  moon,  and  remember  that  the  Empire  is  firmly  in  control. ----Grand  Moff  Tarkin

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-7 22:57 | 显示全部楼层
嗯~谢谢LT大哥的建议,
我也认为还是吸收前人的译法好,这样能前后保持一致~

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

帝国克隆人汉化组

发表于 2009-6-7 23:00 | 显示全部楼层
前人的译名觉得不恰当也可以提出来,尽早改正=)
Never  again  will  a  citizen  of  this  galaxy  watch  a  moonrise  in  quite  the  same  way.  He  will  stare  at  that  moon,  and  remember  that  the  Empire  is  firmly  in  control. ----Grand  Moff  Tarkin

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:47 , Processed in 0.069848 second(s), 20 queries .