银河公民

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2010-4-5 00:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
此文为清明节特意奉上。。。

A Letter to Heaven

Dear Qui-Gon Jinn,

With all due respect, my Master, how are you?

When Master Yoda said to me, “An old friend has learned a path to immortality, one who has just returned from the netherworld of the Force, your old Master”, I can’t help saying your name “Qui-Gon” with the voice of surprising and exciting. Master Qui-Gon, I miss you so much!

Thirteen years ago, you found and saved little Anakin on Tatooine, then brought him to the Jedi Temple to have a test. As he was refused by Master Yoda and Master Windu, even rejected by the collective member of the Jedi Council, you still put your hands on Anakin’s shoulder, looked on him straight, and said with unshakable voice, “Anakin is the chosen one. I will train him then. I take Anakin as my Padawan learner. Obi-Wan is ready. He is headstrong and he has much to learn of the living Force, but he is capable. There is little more he can learn from me.” And could me only stand by the side of you and have no choice but to see you. I was so glad to know that you thought I could face the trials. You just like my father, encouraging me from time to time, making me to improve myself.

By the side of the plasma-fueled generator core in Theed on Naboo, Darth Maul used his deadly dual-blade red light saber to pierce through your body. Out side the ray door can only be my distressing cry. After I destroyed the evil Darth Maul, I rushed to you that lay on the ground in spire of everything. Although you were once brave, your breath slowed down. As fingers touched my face lightly, you looked on me for the last time with unlimited love. The hurts took your sprits, but I knew what you wanted me to do. I promised you that I would train Anakin and he would become a Jedi knight.

As the master of Anakin, I learned a lot from him. Anakin had flair for the dramatic, and had casual disregard for rules. He mirrored you. He made me feel that you were always with me. I believe that if I hadn’t been Anakin’s Master, I would have become a different man, a lesser man. Being named to the Jedi Council came as a complete surprise to me. I never look forward to this.

But I’m sorry, Master. I didn’t complete the mission you gave me. You should have known that Anakin became very famous at the Clone Wars. But he was attracted by Chancellor Palpatine and became a Sith Lord. He killed all the younglings in the Jedi Temple. These proved what Yoda said 13 years ago, Anakin’s future is cloudy. On Mustafar, Anakin wanted me to fight him. I could only treat him the way I treated Darth Maul. I hurt him. I hurt my once apprentice. I hurt the one who was like my brother!

I’m sorry, Master. I disappointed you. I shouldn’t have let you down to make Anakin be like this. But Sith Lords are our enemy. I don’t know how to make Anakin come back. I don’t know how to face you. I don’t know how to face my promise.

Or, Anakin is not the chosen one?

Master, the Republic has turned to be the Empire. Only a few Jedi made their survival. The peaceful time has gone.

Master, any one else could bring balance to the Force?

Your once apprentice,

Obi-Wan Kenobi
打酱油啊打酱油~

絕地學徒

主题

帖子

精华

扩张区域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2010-4-5 00:01 | 显示全部楼层
佔樓@_@....
星球大戰是生命,看足球是食糧
@_@是我專用的符號,不是代表@@,不是代表暈...

МГУ

主题

帖子

精华

扩张区域

原力
水晶

帝国

发表于 2010-4-5 00:08 | 显示全部楼层
漫漫看。。。。。。

感觉有些像是Obi内心的独白。。用英文写的不错啦
Вперёд,товарищ!

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2010-4-5 00:35 | 显示全部楼层
突然想到,EP2里Qui-Gon一声吼,Yoda听到了,但是Obi-Wan没有听到,难道是他的功力还不够深?
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2010-4-5 10:44 | 显示全部楼层
仔细读过一遍,惊叹逐星者在这个年龄,对英语表达却已经有如此造诣~
全文没用过多的高级词汇,却组织清晰,表达真实。
相比之下,比较惭愧,我们英语老师布置了个presentation,发现现在用英文写点东西真是分外吃力。。。

另:翁哥,欧比万那阵貌似刚被杜库抓住,自身难保,正在忙着想脱身办法==
没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2010-4-5 20:15 | 显示全部楼层
感動...而言,這是Obi一直想說的心底話吧.
I waited patiently,because I knew you'd come for me.

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶

绝地

楼主| 发表于 2012-9-6 16:21 | 显示全部楼层
挖坟+怀旧。。。
现在看见自己当初弄的一大堆英文,竟然不想看下去。。。
无奈之下,自己在电脑翻了个中文原版慢慢看。。。
打酱油啊打酱油~

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶

绝地

楼主| 发表于 2012-9-6 16:30 | 显示全部楼层
把英文版读了一遍,天啊,这是我写的吗?????
我的英语在大学的一年里面退化了,单词不认识了。。。
令我惊讶的是,英文版竟然比中文版更感人
打酱油啊打酱油~

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

西斯

发表于 2012-9-6 17:53 | 显示全部楼层
回复 8# groundwalker

今天GW在怀旧?我是第一次看到这文,真的非常感人啊

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶

绝地

楼主| 发表于 2016-10-10 20:35 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
刚刷完ahsoka小说的剧透,刷完obi冥想的那5页……要虐死ಥ_ಥ   我是来重温这文的,因为正史说了obi对ani始终是内疚的,但我还是觉得就算他真的let go,他对ani的态度也不该像正传那样,完全失望,完全绝情

主题

帖子

精华

银河公民

原力
水晶

绝地

楼主| 发表于 2019-5-28 17:15 | 显示全部楼层
《师与徒》看得揪心,挖出来看一眼。
其实,这种guilt,obi不应该有的。
好像,写这篇的时候,maul还没在tcw里复活,所以有些事情不对头了……
不过讲真,按照《师与徒》里面的obi与quigon的关系,他会对qui-gon说出这种话吗……
觉得悬。
再说,按照《师与徒》里大家对“天选之子”预言的态度,这番话就更不可能说得出了。
打酱油啊打酱油~

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:43 , Processed in 0.068876 second(s), 19 queries .