主题

帖子

精华

超级版主

原力
水晶
发表于 2009-12-4 22:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 August 于 2009-12-4 22:39 编辑

(Dee Bradley Baker: From Clones to Queen Karina)

2009年11月20日

作者:Bonnie Burton
翻译:August
校对:DataLore

Clones, Creepy Queen, and Zombies
克隆人,怪异女王,和僵尸

Veteran voice actor Dee Bradley Baker is already known to fans for his wide range of talents on The Clone Wars as not only all the clone troopers including Clone Commander Cody and Captain Rex, but many new creatures as well.
老牌配音演员迪伊·布拉德利·贝克,早已因他在《克隆人战争》中展现出的宽广戏路而为影迷所熟知,他不仅为包括克隆人指挥官科迪以及雷克斯上尉在内的全体克隆人士兵配音,还为许多新生物配了音。

In addition to The Clone Wars, Baker has voiced hundreds of characters and creatures in such hit shows as American Dad, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Ben 10: Alien Force, just to name a few.
除了《克隆人战争》,贝克还在诸如《美国老爹》,《降世神通:最后的气宗》,以及《Ben 10: 外星战士》这样的热播剧中为几百个角色和生物配过音。

StarWars.com chats with Baker about voicing the creepy Geonosian Queen Karina in the episode "Legacy of Terror," why he loves voicing bizarre creatures and the kinds of monster movies he loved watching as a kid.
StarWars.com和贝克闲聊,谈论了他在《魑魅魍魉》中为令人毛骨悚然的吉奥诺西斯女王卡里娜配的音,为什么他喜欢给奇形怪状的生物配音,以及他小时侯喜欢看的怪物电影。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've voiced all the clone troopers and quite a few creatures in The Clone Wars. Which types of voices offer more of an interesting challenge for you as an actor?
在《克隆人战争》里,你给全体克隆人士兵以及一些生物配了音。作为一个演员,哪种类型的声音给了你更有趣的挑战?

In a way these clones are the most normal thing I've ever done. They're completely straight ahead, above board, human characters. And that for me is an unusual project. When you look at the stuff I've done, I tend to do things that are just completely out there, or not even human in any way. So that's what I'm kind of used to doing even though it's just odd to do.
在某种程度上,那些克隆人是我演绎过的最正常的角色了。他们是绝对一往无前,光明正大的人类角色。而这对我来说却是个不同寻常的工作。你看我以前配的作品,我总是倾向于给纯粹幻想式作品,甚或是非人类的角色配音。所以这才是我比较习惯做的配音,即使配起来有些古怪。

For me it's unusual to do something normal, and that's what the clones are. I like the clones because it's more straightforward acting. They're good soldiers, they're smart and competent, and yet each one is a little different. They have foibles. Some are less experienced, some are gruffer and some are turncoats. To make these guys a little bit different, and yet feel real and the same, is a real interesting and fun challenge.
对我来说,给正常角色配音是不寻常的,而克隆人就是这样。我喜欢克隆人,因为这是种更简单的表演。他们是好士兵,聪明而称职,同时每个人又有些微的不同。他们有缺点。有的缺经验,有的更粗哑,还有的则是叛徒。要让这些家伙有些不同,同时让人觉得真实,觉得相似,则是个真正有趣又好玩的挑战。

That said, I really like doing the bizarre stuff like the Geonosian queen who emerges from the catacombs. There's a real thrill to doing something that's so bizarre and inhuman that's very gratifying.
即便如此,我真正喜欢的还是给象吉奥诺西斯女王这样从地下墓穴中浮现出的恐怖生物配音。给一些如此怪诞,如此非人性的角色配音,让人有种真正的兴奋感,那非常令人满足。

How did you approach creating the voice for Queen Karina?
你是怎么着手创造卡里娜女王的声音的?

I have a lot of experience with doing enough weird things with my voice that I'm good at walking in, seeing some images of the character or creature, having it explained it to me, and then trying a few things that they like. In this case, they weren't really sure what they were going to do with it, so Dave Filoni threw it to me and gave me a shot at it. He told me what she's like, what she's feeling and the tone of the scene, and I came up with this crazed, kind of frightening and yet authoritative type of voice. He liked my first take right away. And a lot of what you hear in the episode is my first run at it. I also added in some screams to give it more realism.
我在用自己声音搞怪方面经验非常丰富,我很擅长于走进配音室,看一些角色或生物的图片,听其他人跟我作解释,然后试着发出一些他们喜欢的声音。在这集动画里,他们并不完全确定他们想怎么处理它,所以戴夫·菲洛尼把它扔给我,让我试一下。他告诉我她是什么样的,她给人什么感觉,以及这场戏的基调,我想出这种疯狂,有些吓人,但又有威仪的声音。我第一次尝试他立即就喜欢上了。这一集里你听到的许多台词都是我第一次录制的。我还加进了一些尖叫,让它更有现实主义风格。

It was interesting that you gave the queen a scratchy, horror-type voice instead of the traditional voice like Queen Elizabeth.
有趣的是,你给了这个女王一种刺耳,恐怖的声音,而不是伊丽莎白女王那种传统的声音。

It's definitely more Ridley Scott. However, I don't know if Queen Elizabeth sounds like that when she screams. (laughs)
这样无疑更有雷德利·斯科特的味道。不过,我不知道伊丽莎白女王尖叫时候的声音是不是那个样子的。(大笑)

Why do you think fans will really enjoy the "Legacy of Terror" episode?
为什么你认为影迷们会非常喜欢《魑魅魍魉》这一集?

This is a really unique episode. The creative team of The Clone Wars is confident enough to tell different kinds of stories. It's not all just the politics of war, but you get these side stories that have their own flavor and feel that are very different from the other stuff they've put out. It's like a little experiment and detour. This story is not the typical Star Wars stuff that you've seen. It's got elements of horror in it that are unusual, and it's really cool.
这是真正独特的一集。《克隆人战争》的创作组有足够的自信去讲述不同类型的故事。它不是战争中的政治,而是那些有着自己的特色与感觉,与他们已经推出的其他节目截然不同的趣闻故事。这就象一个小实验和走偏门。这个故事并不是你以前看过的那种典型的《星战》故事。其不同寻常之处就在于加入了恐怖元素,而这真的很酷!

Zombies are definitely popular right now, so it's fun to see The Clone Wars explore that genre. But the episode also has a lot of humor in it as well.
目前僵尸题材无疑正流行,因此看到《克隆人战争》尝试这种风格真的很有趣。不过这一集里还有很多幽默元素。

That's a really smart storytelling device. With Obi-Wan's light-hearted scientific take on what's happening, it lets the viewer know they don't need to get too freaked out. Obi-Wan's not afraid that everyone is going to die and he'll find a way to solve this, which is important because a number of these episodes in the new season are very intense and it's good to have a character that reminds us that everything is going to be all right.
那真是个聪明的讲故事的策略。欧比万对正在发生的事情抱着轻松的科学态度,这让观众知道,他们不用太过焦虑不安。欧比万不担心所有人都要死,他会找到解决的方法,而这很重要,因为新一季里的一些剧集非常紧张,能有一个角色提醒我们,一切都会好起来的,是很有益的。

Speaking of zombies, according to your extensive list of credits on IMDB.com, you voiced the zombies in Dawn of the Dead. How does one go about making the perfect zombie sound?
说到僵尸,根据你在imdb.com上长长的作品目录,你在《活死人的黎明》里给僵尸配过音。一个人如何给僵尸配出完美的声音来呢?

What a great movie! I got to work with director Zack Snyder when I did the ADR on the zombies. The zombie who gets a broom to the back of the head -- that was me. There was another zombie where his bottom half was torn off and he was crawling along the ceiling -- that was me. I did a number of zombies.
多棒的一部电影!我在给僵尸做额外台词录音工作时和导演Zack Snyder合作。那个后脑勺上插着把扫帚的僵尸——就是我。另外一个下半截身子被扯掉,在天花板上慢慢爬着的僵尸——也是我。我给好几个僵尸配了音。

When I do these zombie sounds, I look first at what's happening on the screen and go from there. There are so many great zombie movies out now that are scary like Dawn of the Dead, and funny like Shaun of the Dead, and sometimes really moving like 28 Days Later. I'm also a big fan of the classic George Romero zombie films.
在我给那些僵尸配音时,我先看看银幕上正在发生些什么,然后根据情景发挥。现在推出了那么多了不起的僵尸电影,有的吓人,比如《活死人的黎明》,有的滑稽,比如《僵尸肖恩》,有的则非常动人,比如《28天之后》。我还是经典乔治·罗梅罗僵尸电影的忠实影迷。

As a kid, were you really into monster and horror movies?
你小的时候,真的很喜欢怪物和恐怖电影吗?

On Saturdays, I would watch Science Fiction Theater which you'd see a lot of vampires and werewolves and a lot of monster movies. I really liked Godzilla and worshiped Planet of the Apes. The first adult horror movie I ever saw, which has a lot of similarities in this episode, was Alien. I was into Hammer horror films and monster movies. And once the '80s hit with The Thing, American Werewolf in London, and Scanners, I was all over those. They remain as some of my favorite movies to this day.
每个礼拜六,我都会看“科幻影院”,里面你会看见大量吸血鬼,狼人还有许多怪物电影。我真的很喜欢《哥斯拉》,崇拜《人猿星球》。我有生以来看的第一部成人恐怖片——这一集(TCW)和它有许多相似之处——就是《异形》。我喜欢Hammer公司出品的恐怖片和怪物片。80年代一推出诸如《怪形》,《美国狼人在伦敦》,《夺命凶灵》这样的卖座片,我就迷上了。直到今天,它们仍然是我最喜欢的电影中的一部分。

Rancor in the Grocery Store
杂货店里的兰可兽

There's not a lot of monster and horror movies out there that seem edgy enough for adults but still somewhat safe for kids without being hokey.
现在没有多少怪物和恐怖电影既能让成年人看着足够刺激,不会显得虚假,同时对孩子又是比较安全的。

I think that's what is unique about The Clone Wars. I'm a dad and I watch it with my 9-year-old. There's really not a lot of shows you can watch as a grown-up with your kids and gladly do it. This is actually one. They're well-written, interesting and a lot of cool ideas come out with every episode. It's a story that's actually about something.
我认为这正是《克隆人战争》独特的地方。我是个父亲,我和我9岁的孩子一起看这节目。真的没有多少节目可以让成人和孩子一起观看并都喜欢的了。这的确是其中的一个。它们有很好的剧本,每一集里都有有趣以及很酷的点子。这是个真正有想法的故事。

Who is your favorite character to voice on The Clone Wars so far?
目前为止,你最喜欢给《克隆人战争》里哪个角色配的音?

In "Hostage Crisis," there was this bounty hunter special ops guy named Robonino. He doesn't sound human, just a bizarre little creature. But I like Queen Karina too. Also, I find that the clone who goes in a different direction always has a special place in my heart.
《人质危机》里,赏金猎人特遣队中有一个名叫Robonino的家伙。他的声音不象人类,只是个奇形怪状的小生物。不过我也喜欢卡里娜女王。另外,我发现那个背离众人的克隆人,一直在我心里占据一个特殊的位置。

On your Twitter, you often let fans know what you've recorded for the day. It's pretty impressive to see your lineup of characters you're expected to come up with in one session. One day included you voicing a raccoon, a prairie dog, a squirrel, a vulture, a turkey, a hawk, a bear, a tin superhero, two giant monsters and two surfer dudes. That sounds like the best show ever!
在你的Twitter上,你经常让影迷知道你在那一天给什么角色配了音。看到你在一季里预计要配音的角色清单,给人的印象相当深刻。有一天,你的配音包括一只浣熊,一只土拨鼠,一只松鼠,一只秃鹫,一只火鸡,一只鹰,一头熊,一个锡皮超级英雄,两个巨型怪兽外加两个冲浪运动员。那听上去象是有史以来最棒的节目!

What's cool about doing voice overs is that you can be on a show that has all those things. I think that day it was a movie where I was asked to do realistic animal sounds. Another was a Batman: Brave and the Bold episode where I did a creature sound. Finally, at the end of the day it was a Fairly Odd Parents episode that needed a giant tentacled monster that was devouring the world.
配音工作酷就酷在,你可以出现在一个包含所有那些东西的节目里。我想那一天那是一部需要我表演真实动物声音的电影。另一部是《蝙蝠侠:英勇与无畏》这一集里为一个生物配音。最后,那天快结束的时候,是《Fairly Odd Parents》,那一集需要一个正在吞噬世界的巨型触手怪。

Are all these creature and character sounds already in your head or do you ever have to research sounds to build up your skill set?
这些生物和角色的声音是早就在你脑子里了呢,还是你曾经对声音进行过研究,以建立起你的技巧体系?

I think because I watched so many monster movies all along I have a lot of ideas in my head -- not necessarily about the sound but about what the creature seems like. If I have that feel of what it seems like in my head then I can bring something up that will match that. I've been doing these sounds for over 15 years, so I know where to go into my head to pull out a certain sound. It's almost like a motor muscle memory where these sounds are.
我想,因为一直以来我看了那么多的怪兽电影,我脑子里有许多点子——不一定是关于声音的,而是与这种生物的外形有关。如果我脑子里对这生物的样子有个感觉,那么我就可以创造出一些与之相符的声音来。我配那些声音超过15年了,因此我知道要去我脑子里的哪个地方取出一种特定的声音来。这些声音的存储几乎就象是一种运动肌肉记忆。

You must be the best bedtime storyteller ever!
你一定是有史以来最棒的睡前故事说书人!

Actually, my daughter only recently let me do voices when I read to her. Before that she just wanted me to speak in my own voice. She's changed her mind now that we're reading The Lord of the Rings and I do all the voices.
事实上,我女儿只在最近才让我在给她读书的时候变换声音。之前她只让我用我自己的声音说话。现在她改了主意,我们正在念《魔戒之王》,我给所有角色配音。

When you're in the grocery store, are you ever tempted to make Rancor noises when you're in line?
你在杂货店里排队的时候,有没有什么情况让你想要发出兰可兽的叫声?

Actually, when I'm in the produce section of my grocery store, there's a guy who works there who's a showoff like I am and he'll start making animal sounds, so I'll make animal sounds back. And we'll do that back and forth while I'm shopping for groceries. But in most cases, I give my voice a rest.
事实上,当我在我的杂货店的农产品区时,有个在那里工作的人,他和我一样是个爱卖弄的家伙,他会开始发出动物的叫声,于是我也回以动物叫声。我买东西的时候我们就会这样来来往往地学动物叫。不过绝大多数情况下,我会让我的嗓子休息下。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more about Dee Bradley Baker on his official website.  
到迪伊·布拉德利·贝克的官方网站了解更多。

出处:http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20091120.html

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 01:47 , Processed in 0.062372 second(s), 18 queries .