【自译】达斯·摩尔的日记 - 汉化发布区 - 星球大战中文网 Star Wars China - Powered by Discuz!
  • Baidu
  • 论坛搜索
15616查看 | 49回复

[小说] 【自译】达斯·摩尔的日记

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

发表于 2015-1-31 16:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 zzg1945 于 2015-2-1 20:17 编辑

封面图

每译完一篇会更新一次。
下面正文

达斯·摩尔的日记

Jude Waston

ENTRY ONE
第一篇

You may think I am evil. I am not. I am efficient.
你可能认为我是邪恶的。不。我只是很能干。

I serve my Master and the glorious Sith tradition. We are no less powerful for being hidden. We grow in the darkness. We gain strength from it.
我为我的师父和光荣的西斯传统服务。即使隐藏着,我们也没有丝毫衰弱。我们在黑暗中成长。我们从中汲取力量。

We circle our enemy, the Jedi, and they do not know it. We laugh at what they think of as their power. Fools and liars, the Jedi think they have tapped the strength of the Force. Yet they ignore the dark side. It is their most profound mistake, the deepest foolishness of their order.
我们玩转我们的敌人,绝地,而他们还不知道这一点。我们嘲笑他们对于力量的看法。他们是骗子和谎言家,他们认为自己已经发掘了原力的力量。但他们忽略了黑暗面。这是他们最致命的错误,是他们的武士团最愚蠢的表现。

They say: We do not seek power. Yet they have it. Why do so many in the galaxy admire the Jedi?
他们说:我们不寻求力量。但他们拥有它。否则为什么银河系如此赞扬绝地?

Because the Jedi tell them to.
因为绝地告诉他们要那么做。

But one day the galaxy will see where true strength lies.
但总有一天银河系会认识到真正的力量所在。

This is why I have begun this journal. Someday I hope it will be included in the Sith Archives, joining the stories and legends of the most glorious Sith Lords.
这就是我开始写这本日记的原因。我希望有一天它能被西斯档案馆接纳,与那些最辉煌的西斯尊主们的故事与传奇并肩而立。

I have served my Master faithfully. I have been on many missions. But this mission is different. My Master's plan goes beyond the puny planet of Naboo to take in the entire galaxy. The Jedi will be called in at some point. The galaxy is full of cowards who look to the Jedi to help them cope. We are prepared for this.
我忠心地为我的师父效劳。我已经完成了许多任务。但这个任务很特殊。我师父的计划不仅仅是微不足道的纳布,而是掌控整个银河系。在适当的时机绝地们会被召唤出来。银河系中到处都是希望绝地帮他们应付麻烦的懦夫。我们正在准备着这一切。

I look forward to it.
我期待着。

On this mission, the Sith will reveal themselves to the Jedi at last.
在这个任务中,西斯终于可以向绝地展现自己。

We will devour them.
我们会毁灭他们。

My Master has called me to Coruscant, to a secret place where I remain hidden, waiting for him to summon me.
我的师父通知我去科洛桑,去一个我目前所在的秘密地点等待他的传唤。

I do not mind waiting. I use my time wisely. Waiting time is training time. Every minute of my life is devoted to learning the glorious Sith tradition as well as hard physical training. I keep myself in a constant state of readiness. When I meet the Jedi I will be at the peak of my power. I will be the strongest fighter in the galaxy.
我不介意等待。我明智的利用时间。等待时间就是训练时间。我生命中的每分钟都奉献给光荣的西斯传统和艰苦的体能训练。我随时都保持待命。当遇到绝地时,我的力量将达到顶点。我将会是银河系中最强大的战士。

Every training exercise has value, even the most basic ones. For example: One of the earliest training exercises taught by my Master consisted of running up a wall. I started from one end of the training room and ran toward the wall. I took several steps up the wall with my momentum and then flipped over to land on my feet. I did it over and over, even as my leg muscles burned with fatigue. If I missed, I could have broken my neck. Still, I continued. There is no fear in a Sith. Training drives out fear. The greatest thing I have learned about the Sith tradition is to be prepared to lose my life at any time.
每次例行训练都有价值,即使是最基础的也一样。例如:在师父的教导下,我最早的训练之一是跑上一堵墙。我从训练室的一端向墙冲去。我气势十足地几步上到墙上,又翻过身子双脚落地。我不断地重复着,尽管我腿部的肌肉如燃烧般疲劳。如果我失误了,我可能会折断脖子。但我仍然继续着。西斯无所畏惧。训练会驱散恐惧。我从西斯传统中学到的最重要的事,就是时刻准备献出自己的生命。

When I was a boy, this was a basic exercise I could not master. I suffered many blows on the head and shoulders as, without the necessary strength, I fell backward. I would try to cushion my fall with my hands.
当我还是个男孩时,这是一项我无法掌握的基础训练。我的头和肩膀受过无数次打击,因为当力量不足时,我会向后摔下去。我试图用手作为坠落的缓冲。

Never break a fall, my Master would say. If you are prepared to break your fall, you are prepared for the fall itself. Sith do not fall. They do not fail.
永远不要抗拒坠落,我的师父会说。如果你准备抗拒坠落,你就是在准备坠落本身。西斯不会坠落。西斯不会失败。

So, unable to break the fall, the next time I would fall more painfully than before. Soon my body was covered with bruises.
但是,如果不准备抗拒它,下一次我将承受更多的痛苦。不久我就会体无完肤。

My Master would say this: There is no pain where strength lies. Do it again.
我的师父会这么说:强者没有痛苦。再做一次。

My head spinning, my bones aching, my legs trembling, I would do it again. And again I would fall.
我头晕目眩,我筋骨疼痛,我双腿颤抖,我将再做一次。再一次,我将坠落。

There is no pain where strength lies. Say it!
强者没有痛苦。说!

There is no pain where strength lies, Master.
强者没有痛苦,师父。

Do it again!
再做一次!

Each part of my training prepared me, and now I reap the benefits of my struggle. Now I never fall.
训练的每部分都在磨砺着我,我从这番挣扎中得到了成果。我再也不会坠落了。

I run, I take four, five, six steps up the wall, and I flip through the air to land on my feet.
我向前跑去,四步,五步,六步,我上到墙上,我在空中翻转,双脚落地。

When I complete my basic exercises, I power up my double-bladed lightsaber and practice maneuvers. My body is as strong as durasteel and as fluid as water. I shift from one position of attack to another. I fall on one knee and slash my lightsaber as I imagine cleaving my victim cleanly. I roll away and grip my lightsaber with both hands for a vertical sweep. I leap and twist and come down, leading with my left shoulder. I deliver a death blow and leap away, somersaulting in the air. I perform ten thousand slashes, lunges, attacks.
完成基础训练后,我开启双头光剑进行战斗练习。我的身体强壮似钢、灵活如水。我变换着方位进攻另一个目标。我单膝跪地挥舞光剑,想象着它干净利落地劈开我的牺牲品。我翻滚过去,双手持剑垂直猛扫。在左肩膀的引导下,我跃起、翻滚、落地,猛击后后空翻跳开。我进行了一万次劈砍,突进,攻击。

My lightsaber is no longer a separate weapon, but part of my arm. I move in the time it would take my opponent to blink. I move in the time he would take to raise his weapon. He would only see the space where I had been. He would feel the sudden shock of the blow that would knock him to the floor.
我的光剑不再是一件单独的武器,而是我手臂的一部分。我在对手眨眼时发动攻击。我在他企图举起武器时发动攻击。他只能看到我的残影。他只能感受到突如其来令他休克倒地的攻击。

I do these maneuvers a hundred times a day. I do them even though my body knows them intimately, even though I have not made a mistake or a misstep in years. I do them until the memory of the movement is part of the muscle itself. The goal of the Sith is to fight without thought.
这样的战斗联系我每天要做上百次。我将动作重复到我的肢体完全了解它,甚至在一年中也不会出现一个错误,一次失足。我重复这些动作直到它们成为肌肉记忆。西斯的目标是脱离思考的战斗。

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?加入星球大战

x
There is no emotion, there is peace.

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-1-31 16:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 zzg1945 于 2015-2-1 13:03 编辑

There is no pain where strength lies.
强者没有痛苦。

I end with a triple backward flip. My breathing is ragged, my muscles on fire. You may think I would quit. I never quit. I am just beginning.
我以三重后空翻结束了它。我呼吸急促,肌肉燃烧。你也许认为我要停止了。我从不停止。我只是刚开始。

But I am signaled on my comlink. My Master calls me.
但是我的通讯器传来了信号。我的师父在召唤我。

I wear my comlink at all times, even when I'm sleeping. I am ready to serve in an instant.
我随时带着它,即使是睡觉的时候。我时刻准备着。

I take the turbolift to my Master's secret strategy and communications room. He waits in the center of the room, in front of the holocomm monitors.
我乘坐电梯来到师父的策划室兼通讯室。他在房间的中央等着,在一个全息显示器前。

"The Neimoidians are signaling me. " Lord Sidious tells me. He makes an irritated gesture. We do not have much confidence in the intelligence of the Neimoidians. They are useful, however. Their most important characteristic is their greed. We can exploit that for our own ends.
“内莫伊迪亚人在联络我。”西迪厄斯大人对我说。他做了个愤怒的手势。我们并不对那些内莫伊迪亚人的智商抱有期待。然而他们很有用。他们最重要的特点是贪婪。我们可以利用这一点达到我们自己的目的。

My Master has taught me that power used indirectly can be just as effective as a full-scale assault. We do not need to be on the front lines. We can hire fools to do our fighting. My Master controls their actions. He rules through fear and intimidation. It never fails. One day we will rule openly. But until then, we will use others to conquer.
我的师父教导我,错误地使用力量只能让它起到暴力的作用。我们不需要冲上前线。我们可以雇些傻瓜替我们战斗。我的师父控制着他们的一举一动。他通过威胁和恐吓统治。它们屡试不爽。我们迟早将会公开地统治。但在那之前,我们会利用其他人进行征服。

My Master has not shared every detail of his plan with me, but he has shared more than usual. I know that his alliance with the Trade Federation is merely the first step toward his larger goal.
我的师父不会告诉我计划的每一个细节,但这次他说的比平常多些。我知道他与贸易联盟结盟只不过是他远大目标中的第一步。

The peaceful planet of Naboo is now suffering under a blockade. The Neimoidians who run the Trade Federation seem to be the culprits. But it is my Master who pulls the strings.
和平的行星纳布正在封锁中煎熬着。掌管贸易联盟的内莫伊迪亚人看似是元凶。但实际上是我的师父在幕后操纵。

The blockade will be followed by an invasion. The Neimoidian ships are crammed with battle droids and equipment. They only wait for a signal from Lord Sidious.
封锁将紧接着演变为侵略。内莫伊迪亚人的舰只中塞满了战斗机器人和各种武器装备。他们等待着西迪厄斯大人的指示。

First, the vulnerable Queen Amidala must sign a treaty with the Trade Federation. It is better if the actions of the Trade Federation have at least the illusion of legality. Then Lord Sidious will begin to consolidate his power throughout the galaxy. His vision goes beyond one insignificant planet.
首先,软弱的阿米达拉女王必须同贸易联盟签约。这将会使贸易联盟的行动披上合法的外衣。这样西迪厄斯大人就会巩固他遍布银河系的力量。他的眼光超越了这个微不足道的星球。

I am by his side. There are only two of us. That is enough, because we are Sith Lords. Our power is immeasurable, our range limitless.
我拥护他。西斯只有我们两个。这就够了,因为我们是西斯尊主。我们的力量是无限的,我们的势力是无限的。

"I want you to hear the transmission, " my Master continues, raising his hood to cover his face. "No doubt they have contacted me because of some ridiculous setback that has sent them into a panic. Stay out of sight. "
“我想让你听着这次通讯,”我的师父继续说道,将他的兜帽拉起盖住面容。“毫无疑问他们联系我是因为一些可笑的挫折使他们陷入了恐慌。离开投影区域。”

I move to the side.
我退到一旁。

The image of the Neimoidian coward Dofine fills the screen. Lord Sidious asks him impatiently what he wants.
内莫伊迪亚懦夫多法因进入了画面。西迪厄斯大人很不耐烦地问他有什么事。

Dofine blubbers, "This scheme of yours has failed, Lord Sidious. This blockade is finished! We dare not go against these Jedi. "
多法因哭诉着,“你的计划已经失败了,西迪厄斯大人。封锁结束了!我们不敢与那些绝地作对。”

I see my Master stiffen in anger. He doesn't like to be surprised, and the Jedi have entered the picture sooner than we thought they would.
我的师父因愤怒而僵住了。他看起来并不惊讶,我们已经料到绝地迟早会掺和进来。

But I feel a different emotion: pleasure. This means that my Master will have to call on me to fight them. Neimoidians are no match for Jedi.
但我感到了一种非同寻常的情感:愉悦。这意味着我的师父会将我派去对抗他们。内莫伊迪亚人对于绝地来说不值一提。

I tell myself to control my anxious desire. If my Master senses it, he will rebuke me. I have been punished for my impatience in the past. I don't blame Lord Sidious for the punishments - they only made me stronger. Yet I do not want to invite them.
我告诉自己控制住急切的欲望。如果我的师父发觉了,他会斥责我。我曾多次由于缺少耐心而被惩罚。我不因为西迪厄斯大人的惩罚而怨恨他——它们只让我变得更强大。但我也不想招惹上它们。

Dofine's whimpering doesn't help my Master's rage. The fool cries out that the blockade is finished. His panic makes him stupid.
多法因的啜泣没有消去我师父的愤怒。这个傻瓜哭喊着封锁结束了。他的软弱造就他的愚蠢。

I sense my Master's anger surge. I can only glimpse part of his face beneath the hood, but I recognize the signs. His mouth tightens. His anger is now like a living presence in the room. Not only have the Jedi been called in, but the Neimoidians are caving in at the first sign of pressure.
我感到了我师父汹涌的怒火。我只能看到他兜帽下的一部分面孔,但我注意到一个迹象。他的嘴绷紧了。他的怒火在房间中翻腾。不只是因为绝地闯入了计划,还有内莫伊迪亚人在压力下屈服的样子。

My Master's contempt paralyzes Dofine. He turns to the next Neimoidian in charge, Nute Gunray.
我的师父蔑视着多法因。他转向了另一个内莫伊迪亚主管,纽特·冈雷。

"I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again, " he orders. We watch Dofine scurry off like a frightened child.
“我不想再看到这个碍手碍脚的废物,”他命令道。我们看着多法因像一个受惊的孩子一样逃了出去。

Even in small conflicts, I see I have much to learn from my Master. He uses his anger like an electro-jabber, to frighten and motivate. I must learn to use my anger as elegantly as I use my lightsaber. Finesse can never be overvalued.
即使从这一次小冲突中,我也发现自己还有许多要向师父学的东西。他像使用电棍一样利用愤怒进行恐吓和刺激。我必须学会像使用光剑那样优雅地利用我的愤怒。怎么看重技巧都不为过。

He tells the Neimoidians to begin the invasion and does not listen to their protests. He then orders them to kill the Jedi immediately.
他告诉内莫伊迪亚人立刻开始侵略,没有听他们的抗议。然后他命令他们立刻处理掉绝地。

The screen goes black. Lord Sidious says nothing. I wait before speaking. If I interrupt my Master's thoughts, I will regret it. But the question burns on my lips, and at last I must ask it.
显示器的影像消失了。西迪厄斯大人什么都没说。我等着他发话。如果我打断了他的沉思,我一定会后悔。但一个问题就像是在烧着我的嘴一样,我必须说出来。

"Do you think the Neimoidians are capable of getting rid of the Jedi, Master? They are fools. "
“你认为那些内莫伊迪亚人真的能摆脱绝地吗,师父?他们是一帮傻瓜。”

He nods slowly. "Yes, they are fools, " he agrees. "But even fools can get lucky. "
他慢慢的点头。“是的,他们是傻瓜,”他同意了。“但即使是傻瓜也会走运。”

未完待续

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2015-2-1 20:49 | 显示全部楼层
最近你很活跃啊 前排支持 大爱翻译工作者

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-2 20:29 | 显示全部楼层
Vincent 发表于 2015-2-1 20:49
最近你很活跃啊 前排支持 大爱翻译工作者

潜水许久也要做些贡献嘛~谢谢支持

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2015-2-3 09:42 | 显示全部楼层
zzg1945 发表于 2015-2-2 20:29
潜水许久也要做些贡献嘛~谢谢支持

这篇是几几年的作品啊?

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-3 20:32 | 显示全部楼层
Vincent 发表于 2015-2-3 09:42
这篇是几几年的作品啊?

这是2010年的

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2015-2-3 22:08 | 显示全部楼层

迪士尼收了卢卡斯影业后 好像还要出几本新小说

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-4 20:55 | 显示全部楼层
Vincent 发表于 2015-2-3 22:08
迪士尼收了卢卡斯影业后 好像还要出几本新小说

嗯。EP7之后肯定还会有许多。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-4 20:56 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 zzg1945 于 2015-2-8 22:01 编辑

Entry Two
第二篇

My relationship with my Master is complex. He rules me. He orders me and directs me. Yet we are both Sith Lords, and though I am his apprentice I share some of his power. As I have grown, so has his confidence in me. I stand by his side, but slightly behind, in his shadow.
我和师父的关系很复杂。他支配着我。他命令我并指导我。但我们都是西斯尊主,虽然我是他的徒弟并分享他的一部分力量。随着我的成长,他对我愈发自信。我站在他这边,但是是在他身后,在他的阴影里。

I am content there. I still have much to learn. Not in battle, but in larger strategies. He sees weakness and exploits it. He senses anger and inflames it. His vision takes in a galaxy, with its multitude of planets and governments. The complexity doesn't intimidate him. He can hold it in his mind and know that someday, he will control it all.
我满足于此。我仍有许多需要学习的。并非战斗,而是计谋。他明察他人的弱点并利用它。他了解愤怒并激发它。他将整个银河收于眼底,包括大量的星球和它们的政府。它们的繁复无法将他吓退。他将它们牢记在心并知道,总有一天他会控制它们。

When I return to my training room, I activate a panel to look out over Coruscant. The city spreads out above, below, and around me. It extends as far as I can see, curving to the horizon.
回到训练室后,我打开了一块护窗板俯瞰科洛桑。这座大都市向天空和地下伸展,它环绕着我。它占据了我目力所及之地,直到弯曲的地平线。

This is a favorite time of day for me, the last gasp of the strangled setting sun. Crimson flashes like splashes of blood off the millions of windows and metallic ships. The lights of the buildings illuminate the sky like a dozen moons. Even at night, Coruscant is never dark. The planet has no forests or mountains, and even its streams have been paved over and built on. It is a world made up of one city.
这是一天中我最喜爱的时刻,这将被扼死的太阳的最后喘息。深红色的闪光灯像血一样溅在成千上万的窗户和飞船上。建筑物的灯光像一打月亮一样照亮了天空。即使在夜晚,科洛桑也不会变暗。这个星球没有森林或高山,甚至连河流都被推平并建起高楼。这是个只由一个城市构成的星球。

Billions of beings live on Coruscant in billions of dwellings. Yet here it is possible to have more privacy than on a sparsely populated planet. Among billions of beings, there are just as many ways to be secret. My Master Lord Sidious has created our lair, a world within a world. Around us throbs the city, but here we are invisible.
数十亿人居住在科洛桑的居所中。然而,这里比一个人烟稀少的星球上所能拥有的隐私还多。在这几十亿人中,保密的方法也一样多。我的师父西迪厄斯大人创造了我们的隐蔽所,世界中的另一个世界。在这活力四射的城市中,只有在这里我们是无形的。

Out among those lights is the Jedi Temple. There the Jedi sit meditating while we act. They dream of a galaxy of justice and peace. It makes me smile to think of what they are about to face.
外面那些灯光之一就是绝地圣殿。当我们行动的时候那些绝地就呆坐在那里冥想。他们梦想着一个正义与和平的银河系。想到他们将要面对的东西时我就想笑。

I cannot calm my eager, racing mind. I know the Neimoidians will fail to kill the Jedi. I will be called into service. All my life I've waited for this.
我无法平息我的渴望和竞争欲。我敢肯定内莫伊迪亚人没法杀掉绝地。我将会得到召唤。我的一生都是在等着这一刻。

But wishing for the failure of the Neimoidians means that I am wishing that an order from my Master will fail. I don't like this contradiction. It borders on disloyal. But I can't help feeling it. The Jedi are mine. Mine to taunt, mine to destroy. I want my Master to see that I am a worthy apprentice. I've thought I'd been tested before. But this is my first true test. The ultimate test.
但是期待着内莫伊迪亚人的失败就意味着我希望师父的命令会失败。我讨厌这个矛盾。它接近于不忠。但是我无法停止这种念头。那些绝地是我的。由我来戏弄,由我来毁灭。我想让师父看到我是个合格的学徒。我曾认为我已被考验。但这才是我第一次真正的考验。它是最终的考验。

I strain my eyes, but the Jedi Temple is not visible from this viewpoint. I imagine it instead. I see a smoking ruin, a blasted shell. The bodies of fallen Knights and Jedi Masters are littered around it. I stand on the rubble before my Master.
我睁大双眼,但绝地圣殿在这里是看不到的。我只好以想象来代替。我看到浓烟中的废墟,烧焦的外壳。周围散落着绝地武士和绝地大师们的尸体。而我则站在师父面前的瓦砾上。

Here is what I have done for you, Master.
这是我为你做的一切,师父。

I am pleased, Lord Maul.
我很高兴,摩尔尊主。

I activate the panel, and it slides closed. The blinking lights of the city narrow to a slit, then disappear.
我启动护窗板,它滑下来关闭了。城市闪烁的灯光在缝隙中逐渐狭窄,然后消失了。

I must focus my mind. The Jedi are out there. I will meet them someday, and soon. I cannot bring the moment closer by wishing for it.
我必须集中精力。绝地们在外面,我总有一天要会会他们,很快就会。我没法更期待那一刻赶快到来了。

I feel some fatigue and hunger. That means I should undertake my most difficult training of the day. I push my body whenever I can. This I have learned from my Master. Events do not wait until you are well rested. You must be able to fight at the peak of your control even when you lack sleep and food.
我感到有些疲劳和饥饿。这意味着我该开始一天中最困难的训练了。我随时都能强撑起身体。这是我从师父身上学到的。机会不会在你万事俱备时到来。即使缺乏睡眠和食物也要能够达到战斗的巅峰。

It is time to activate the assassin droids.
是时候启动暗杀机器人了。

Assassin droids are a necessary part of training. They are programmed to fight to the death. Blasters are built into their chests and hands. Their accuracy is perfect. A miscalculation on my part could be lethal.
暗杀机器人是训练中必要的一部分。它们被编程为战斗到死。它们的胸前与手上都装有爆能枪。它们有着无与伦比的精准度。一个误判对我来说可能会是致命的。

I activate three droids and power up my double-bladed lightsaber. I am outnumbered, but assassin droids can't move as quickly as I can. They cannot jump, and their flexibility isn't as finely tuned.
我启动那些机器人和我的双头光剑。我寡不敌众,但暗杀机器人无法跟上我的速度。它们无法跳跃,它们的灵活度也不够完美。

Their weaponry makes up for that.
它们的武器装备弥补了这些。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-4 20:59 | 显示全部楼层
They track me easily in the empty room, their sensor lights flashing. I meet the first barrage and deflect it with my lightsaber, spinning it in a blur of motion while I track the next blaster fire and meet it. I can feel the power of the dark side. Aggression fuels it. The darkness throbs furiously, beating in my muscles, making me merciless and effective.
它们很轻松地在这个空房间内追踪到了我,它们的感应灯闪了起来。我遭遇了第一轮攻击并将它们用光剑反射开,我将光剑旋转得飞快以抵挡我预测到的下一个爆能束。我能感到黑暗面的力量。侵略性维持着它。黑暗面在深处疯狂地悸动着,在我的肌肉中跳动,让我变得无情而高效。

This is what I love: the feel of the dark side of the Force pulsing, growing, until the air crackles with the charge. It is the charge of blood and pain and anger. I control it. I manipulate it. It only makes me stronger.
我喜欢这感觉,黑暗原力跳动、生长,直到周围的空气像通电一样爆裂着。它掌管着我的血液、痛苦和愤怒。而我控制着它。我支配着它。它只能让我变得更强大。

The assassin droids are programmed to use complicated fighting strategies. They try a flanking maneuver, but I leap over them, the dark side fueling every muscle, and come at them from behind. I destroy the first droid as the second and third turn and fire.
暗杀机器人们被编程为使用难以捉摸的战斗策略。它们尝试着进行夹击,但我跳过了它们,黑暗面为每块肌肉充能,我从它们身后冲来。我摧毁了第一个机器人,其余两个转过身向我开火。

I am already a millimeter away, escaping the fire and twisting to deliver a cleaving blow to the second droid. It topples, its sensor lights still flashing. I bury the other end of my lightsaber in its control panel. It lets out a screech of protest that sounds almost human. Smoke rises and I breathe it in. It is the smell of the Jedi Temple burning. The pleasure of destruction builds, makes my blood pound.
然而我已经挪开了一毫米,躲过攻击后扭转身子向第二个机器人释放了毁灭的一击。它摇晃着倒下了,感应灯仍然闪烁着。我将光剑的另一头插进了它的控制板。它发出了一声像人类一样的刺耳尖叫。浓烟包裹了我。这是绝地圣殿燃烧的味道。毁灭带来的快感让我的血液沸腾了。

The third droid swivels. Instead of coming at me directly, it wheels to the right. I feel a start of surprise. It is a new maneuver. The droids are continually reprogrammed.
第三个机器人旋转起来。它没有直接冲向我,而是向右冲去。我开始感到惊讶。这是种新战术。它们总是被频繁地重新编程。

The maneuver and the surprise please me. I do a backward somersault as blaster fire pings over my head.
这种战术与惊讶感让我感到愉悦。我做了一个后空翻,爆能束掠过我的头顶。

Challenge. That is a cornerstore of Sith training. Lord Sidious keeps me off balance.
挑战。这是西斯训练的基础。西迪厄斯大人并未让我均衡发展。

This mission will challenge me. He told me that. I must not assume the Jedi will be easy to defeat. I must remember the power the dark side will give me. I must be confident, and I must be prepared.
这次的任务会挑战我。他对我说。我决不能假定绝地武士是容易对付的。我必须牢记黑暗面带给我的力量。我必须自信,我必须做好准备。

Many times in the past, Lord Sidious gave me duties to perform without telling me the reason why. But now my Master includes me in communications with the Neimoidians. This must mean that he's come to trust me completely. He has come to see how valuable I am.
过去有很多次,西迪厄斯大人指派我任务但不告诉我原因。但现在我的师父和我一起与内莫伊迪亚人通信。这一定代表他开始完全信任我了。他开始发现我多么有价值了。

The blaster fire is close, closer than I like. I can feel the heat on the sleeve of my tunic. I smell singed material. The assassin droid has suddenly flipped sideways and aimed from the chest. I've been distracted.
爆能束接近了,到了一个令我讨厌的距离。我能感觉到衣袖上的震动。布料烧焦的味道传来。暗杀机器人突然滑向侧面并用胸部的爆能枪攻击了我。我分心了。

Anger rises in me, which is good. The darkness crests and roars. I twist in the air, my lightsaber twirling, revolving. Its balance is perfect in my hand. I strike one hard blow to the left flank of the droid. I feel the power of the move reverberate all the way to my shoulder. It gratifies me. The other blow to the right follows a fraction of an instant later, so close that an observer would not be able to tell which blow came first. They would only see the armless droid wobble, its internal balance mechanism destroyed.
愤怒在我心中升起,它的感觉很好。黑暗拥抱着我并咆哮着。我跃向空中,光剑在手中旋转。它被我掌握的很好。我对机器人左侧猛砍一剑。我感到移动的力量全部传向我的肩膀。它让我感到满足。一瞬间后我又向机器人右侧挥出一击,它如此迅速以至于旁观者无法分辨哪次攻击首先来临。他们只能看到缺胳膊少腿的机器人摇晃着,它的内置平衡器被摧毁了。

It is an easy job to slice off its head. The droid crashes to the floor, now a useless heap of smoking metal. I kick it out of my way with a smile, my lightsaber held loosely in my fingers. One day I will see a Jedi at my feet just like that.
切下它的脑袋很容易。机器人轰然倒地,成了一堆冒烟的废铜烂铁。我微笑着踢开它,手中松弛地握着光剑。总有一天我要让一个绝地也这样倒在我的脚下。

Suddenly, my lightsaber is gone. It flies from my hand across the room. It lands in the hand of my Master.
突然,我的光剑不见了。它从我的手中飞走,穿过房间。它落在我师父的手中。

I never see him enter. Not if he doesn't want me to.
我没有发现他进来,如果他不想让我发现的话。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-4 21:00 | 显示全部楼层
The smile of triumph fades from my face.
胜利的微笑从我脸上消退了。

"Do you think, " Lord Sidious says, walking toward me, "you can ever relax your guard?"
“你认为,”西迪厄斯大人说着,向我径直走来,“你能放松自己的警惕吗?”

"No, Master. " What a clumsy, weak mistake. I should be prepared for him to enter at all times. How could I have forgotten that, even for a moment?
“不,师父。”这是个多么愚笨无力的错误啊。我应当随时准备好他的进入。我怎么能忘记这件事,哪怕是一小会呢?

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me.
光剑在空中旋转着,在我师父的手中。我没法追踪到它,它太快了。但我知道它是冲着我来的。

Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow. I smell heat and smoke. The laser traces the outline of my body, my face, my hands. The buzz is loud in my ear. One flinch, one involuntary twitch of a muscle, and I am dead.
西迪厄斯大人的速度已超越我的眼力。我感到震颤,闻到烧焦的味道。光束顺着我身体的外轮廓划过,以及我的脸,我的手。我的耳边嗡嗡地吵闹着。一个退缩,一次无意识的肌肉抽搐,我就会死。

I do not flinch.
我没有退缩。

At last, Lord Sidious deactivates my weapon. He tosses it toward me. The sweat on my palm almost causes me to drop it.
终于,西迪厄斯大人关闭了我的武器。他将它扔给我。我手掌中的冷汗差点使它滑落。

"Do not let me see you relax your guard again, " my Master says. His eyes burn. "You are valuable, yes. But you are not indispensable, Lord Maul. I can do without you."
“别再让我看到你放松警惕,”我的师父说。他的眼睛如燃烧一般。“你很有价值,没错。但你并不是不可或缺的,摩尔大人。没有你我也能做下去。”

A flick of his robe, and he is gone.
他的长袍轻轻拂过,他离开了。

I feel my leg muscles shudder as I lower myself to my haunches. I breathe slowly, in and out, until I am calm again. He is right. I will not let it happen again.
我弯下腰,感到自己两腿在打颤。我慢慢地吸气、呼气,直到重新冷静下来。他是对的。我绝不会再让这种事发生了。

It is the Jedi's fault that I failed my Master. I pictured a Jedi at my feet, and I allowed myself to be distracted. Now I focus my mind on the Jedi, funneling my hatred and anger into a blade directed at them. The hatred is a hard, cold place, yet it burns. They are my enemy, and I will beat them because I am better, stronger, and smarter. I have weapons they don't have. I have my anger. And my most important weapon: I have no mercy.
我让我的师父失望完全是绝地的错。我想象着一个绝地在我的脚下,让我自己被分心。现在我要将注意力集中在绝地身上,将我的仇恨和愤怒灌注在砍向他们的剑刃上。仇恨是无情且冷酷的,但它也是一团烈火。绝地们是我的敌人,我会打败他们,因为我更优秀,更强大,更敏捷。我拥有他们所没有的武器。我拥有愤怒。还有我最重要的武器:我没有怜悯。

I remember one of the first lessons my Master gave me on the Jedi:
我想起了师父教导我最早的关于绝地的一课之一:

Do not underestimate the Jedi. Even though they have a fatal flaw, they are formidable. What is their fatal flaw, Master? Compassion.
不要低估绝地。即使他们有着一个致命的弱点,他们仍是强大的。这个致命的弱点是什么,师父?怜悯。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-15 13:15 | 显示全部楼层
Entry Three
第三篇

I did not always live here. I'm told by my Master that I come from Iridonia. That world means nothing to me. I have no curiosity about my home planet. I could travel there to see where I came from, but what would be the point? I am interested in what I am, and what I will become. My life before I was a Sith is meaningless.
我之前并非一直生活在这里。我被师父告知自己来自伊里多尼亚。那个星球对我毫无意义。我对自己的母星毫无兴趣。我可以到自己的母星逛逛自己出生的地方,但我为何要那么做呢?我更感兴趣的是,我是谁,我将会成为什么。在成为一个西斯之前,我的生活是没有意义的。

What was my name? I don't know. It doesn't matter. My former name represents a death, not a life. I died and was born into the Sith. I was found by my Master and taken as a baby. My parents might have looked for me. But no one in the galaxy can track a Sith who doesn't want to be found. They were powerless. Another lesson from my Master: The feelings of the powerless do not matter. The feelings of those with power can be exploited.
我的本名是什么?我不知道。这算不上什么。我之前的名字代表着死亡,不是生存。我死后重生为西斯。我被师父发现并带走的时候还是个婴儿。我的父母可能在寻找我。但银河系里没人能追踪一个不想被追踪的西斯。他们是弱小的。师父还教过我另外一课:感到无力没有关系。自以为强大的人可以被利用。

My Master saved me. Without him, I would have been a superior being trapped in an ordinary life. He recognized even then the latent power within, the fury that raised me above all others, even as a young child. He showed me how the dark side makes that power flourish and grow. Tapping into anger and aggression fuels us. Someday I will grind that fact into the startled faces of the Jedi.
我的师父救了我。没有他,我只是一个优秀但被埋没的普通人。他甚至发现了我最内在的潜力,那使我凌驾于众人之上的愤怒,即使我还是个年轻的孩子。他向我展示了黑暗面如何造就蓬勃成长的力量。全身心地投入愤怒和侵略支撑着我们。总有一天我要将这力量转变为绝地惊恐的表情。

Our tradition is rich and deep. The Sith are an order almost as old as the Jedi. Our founder was a Jedi Knight who saw the truth - he knew that ignoring the dark side of the Force was foolish. Embracing it was the key to power. The Council did not have his vision. Cruelly, they banished him.
我们的传统博大精深。西斯是一个与绝地有着相同悠久历史的组织。我们的建立者是一个看到了真相的绝地——他认识到忽视原力的黑暗面是愚蠢的。拥抱黑暗面是通往力量的钥匙。而绝地委员会没有这样的远见。他们残忍地放逐了他。

He did not slink away like a thief. He began the Sith order and enticed others to join. He planned to build an order that would defy the Temple itself. It did not take long for others to see his wisdom and leave the Temple to join him.
他没有像个小偷一样溜走。他创立了西斯武士团并唆使其他人加入。他计划着创立一个能与绝地圣殿相对抗的组织。不久之后许多人认识到了他的智慧,离开圣殿并加入他。

It was a glorious beginning. The only mistake the Sith made in the early years was that they allowed their members to become too powerful, too cunning. When you base an order on the idea of supreme domination, you create problems. The Sith Lords plotted against one another. Eventually, they destroyed one another.
这是个辉煌的起点。西斯在早期犯下的唯一一个错误就是他们的成员过于强大,过于狡猾。当你以我们的领袖自居时,你就是在给自己找麻烦。西斯尊主们策划着互相对抗。终于,他们开始自相残杀。

But the last Sith was the smartest of all. It was he who devised the brilliant strategy that has kept us secret for a thousand years and allowed us to grow in the shadow of the dark side.
但最后一个西斯也是最聪明的一个。是他设计了这个能使我们的秘密保存上千年,允许我们在黑暗面的阴影中成长的高明的策略。

The genius of the strategy was its simplicity. Only two. Only two Sith are allowed to exist at one time - Master and apprentice.
这个策略的天才之处就是它的简洁。只有两个人。同一时期只能有两个西斯——师父和徒弟。

It is because of our strength that we can do this. We don't need a Temple full of brats to nurse and train. We don't need a Council full of whining debaters. We don't need a corps of Knights to poke their noses into business that doesn't concern them just to inflate their own egos. Two of us are enough.
因为我们的力量,我们能做到这点。我们不需要一个挤满需要照料和训练的小毛孩们的圣殿。我们不需要一个充满怨妇般的辩论家的委员会。我们不需要那么多只为给自己戴高帽而东奔西走到处瞎操心的武士。我们有两个就够了。

My earliest memories are of my Master. I learned discipline as soon as I learned to walk. If my Master deprived me of food or shelter in order to teach me, it was always a lesson of great value. If I was confined, if I was ignored, if I suffered, it doesn't matter. A child cries when his belly is empty, when he hears a food cart rattle by his door, smells his dinner, and yet the food cart rolls on. He does not understand that this pain makes him stronger.
我最早的记忆是关于师父的。我在学习走路的年纪就学会了面对惩罚。师父为了教育我而剥夺我的食物和住处,这通常是一个很有价值的教训。当我被囚禁时,被忽视时,或是受苦时,我总能熬过去。孩童会在饥饿时哭泣,然后他就会听到装着食物的小车出现在门后,闻到晚餐的香味,食物便自己找上门来。他不会理解正是痛苦使他变得强大。

A punishment is a lesson, young Maul. Learn it well.
每次惩罚都是一次教训,年轻的摩尔。好好学着。

I soon learned not to cry.
我很快学会了忍住泪水。

Here is an example of the good my punishments did me. I was a small boy, no higher than my Master's hip. Often I was taken to a desolate planet for outdoor exercises. There I learned how to use the dark side of the Force. Once during my training in a desolate field, a dinko surprised me. It is a nasty, palm-sized creature with sharp fangs and an aggressive disposition. Its twin grasping claws have been known to grab onto a finger or nose of a victim and not let go.
下面就是惩罚有益于我的一个例子。那时我还是个小男孩,身高还不及师父的臀部。我经常被带到一个荒凉的星球做户外运动。在那里我学会了使用黑暗原力。一次在一片荒地的训练中,一只丁克兽(Dinko)吓到了我。那是一只肮脏,巴掌大却有着尖牙且侵略性极强的生物。它的两爪能死死抓住受害者的指头或鼻子决不松开。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-15 13:17 | 显示全部楼层
The dinko secretes stinking venom when startled. When I came across it, I flinched, and the venom sprayed against my face, stinging my eyes. I howled, then stomped it with my boot. I looked over at my Master, pleased at my courage.
丁克兽会在受到惊吓时分泌毒液。当我遇到它时,我退缩了,毒液溅到了我的脸上,刺痛了我的眼睛。我怒吼着,重重地用靴子踩它。我转身向我的师父看去,为自己的勇气感到高兴。

"You flinched, " he said. "You were afraid of the dinko?"
“你退缩了,”他说。“你怕丁克兽?”

"Yes, Master, " I answered. "But I controlled my fear. " I said this with the certainty of the child that I was. My Master nodded, but I knew he was displeased.
“是的,师父,”我回答。“但我控制了我的恐惧。”我用一个孩子般信心十足的语气说道。师父点了点头,但我知道他并不高兴。

I knew a punishment would come. Yet that evening I ate my usual meal. I was not confined in the sensory deprivation suit. I was not forced to sleep on the hard floor. The heat was not turned off.
我知道惩罚要到来了。但那个晚上,我吃到了晚饭。我也没有被囚禁在知觉封闭衣中。我也没有被强制在坚硬的地板上睡觉。供热器也没有被关掉。

It was the same the next day, and the next. Nothing disturbed my routine. Finally I forgot about the incident. I was young.
接下来的两天也一样。没有发生什么打乱我节奏的事。终于我忘记了那次意外。我太年轻了。

Then one night after a particularly exhausting day I went to my quarters. My door hissed closed. I undressed in the darkness and turned back the coverlet on my mat. A dinko jumped straight at me.
一个异常疲惫的一天的夜晚,我回到自己的屋里。房门嘶地关闭了。我在黑暗中脱下衣服,转过身向我的被褥走去。一只丁克兽径直向我跳来。

Startled, I batted it away, but I missed it when I tried to stomp on it. I hesitated, afraid its claws would tear into my bare foot. Then another dinko jumped out from a corner. Then another. And another. The room was filled with them.
我吓了一跳,将它打倒,但我错过了踩住它的机会。我在犹豫,害怕它的爪子会将毒液分泌在我裸露的脚上。紧接着另一只丁克兽从一个角落中跳出来。然后又是一只、又是一只。房间里挤满了丁克兽。

Frantic, I ran to the door. It would not open. The lights would not work. In the darkness one dinko jumped on my shoulder and dug its claws into my ear. Another latched on to a toe. I cried and screamed, trying to shake them off. The venom blinded me. I bounced against the walls, trying to crush them. The stench of their venom turned my stomach.
我发疯般地跑到门口。门没有打开。灯光也没有启动。在黑暗中,一只丁克兽跳到我的肩膀上,将爪子插进我的耳朵。另一只紧抓住我的脚趾。我哭喊着,尖叫着企图摆脱它们。毒液使我暂时失明了。我向墙撞去,试图将它撞倒。它们毒液的恶臭让我的胃里一通翻江倒海。

It took me a long time to kill them all. In the morning my door opened and my Master stood there. He saw my inflamed skin, my swollen eyes, my bloody hands and feet. The stench of my room rolled out at him.
我用很长时间杀光了它们。早上,房门打开了,我的师父站在那里。他看到我红肿的皮肤,肿胀的眼睛,和我血淋淋的手和脚。房间中的恶臭向他席卷而来。

"Do not flinch again, " he said.
“别再退缩了,”他说。

The punishment is a lesson. My Lord Sidious taught me well. There could be no better teacher. Look at the result - my body is hard, and my mind is harder.
惩罚就是教训。西迪厄斯大人把我教得很好。再也不会有一个更好的老师了。看看他的成果——我的身体坚实,我的意志更坚定。

Always remember, my apprentice: Anger is a living thing. Feed it and it will grow.
永远记住,我的徒弟:愤怒是有生命的。养育它,它就会成长。

I learned to see through the eyes of my Master. He showed me the galaxy and explained it in terms of power - who had it, who did not. He showed me that vast resources are there for the taking. The concerns of most beings are petty. Food and shelter are nothing. Love or devotion to a fellow being, a world, or a cause is not only a distraction but a danger, for it can be used against you. I have seen my Master use that weakness in others for his own ends. Did you know that there are those willing to die for someone they love? So puzzling.
我学会了通过师父的眼睛看透一切。他从力量的角度向我展示并解释了银河系——谁拥有它,谁没有。他向我展示了大量等待着被占有的资源。大部分生物担心的事物都不值一提。衣食住行算不上什么。对同伴,或对某个星球的爱和献身不仅仅会导致分心,还会导致危险,因为它们能被反过来利用以对抗你。我亲眼见证过师父利用他人这样的弱点达到目的。你相信有的人会为他们所爱的人而死吗?真是莫名其妙。

I am willing to die for my Master, of course. But he is not just a being. He is a tradition, a heritage, an ideal. Someday I will be Master and have my own apprentice. He will be willing to die for me.
当然,我愿意为师父而死。但他并不只是一个人。他是一个传说,一个继承人,一个典范。有一天我将会成为师父并拥有自己的徒弟。那时他将乐意为我而死。

I am ready for whatever honor my fate chooses to show me. If my Master does not survive this mission, I will take over the role of Master and find my own apprentice. I am prepared.
我已经准备好面对命运荣幸的选择。如果我的师父没能在这次任务中活下来,我将会继承师父的衣钵并找到自己的徒弟。我准备好了。

Of course he will survive. But if he does not, I will not shrink from the task of achieving the same greatness. I have trained all my life for it.
毫无疑问他能活下来。但如果他没有,我也不会从完成这一伟大的使命中退缩。我一生的训练都是为了它。

The next contact from the Neimoidians doesn't take long in coming. When my Master summons me, he has a look of irritation on his face. He dons his hooded robe. No one but me can know his identity.
内莫伊迪亚人的下一次通讯不久就来了。当我的师父召唤我时,他看起来很愤怒。他穿上带兜帽的长袍。除了我没有人能认出他。

Remember; Maul: What is done in secret has great power.
记住,摩尔:不为人知的成果拥有巨大的力量。

"Remain in the background, " Lord Sidious directs me. "l may need you. Who knows what those Neimoidian slugs have managed to bungle this time. "
“在后面等着,”西迪厄斯大人命令我。“我可能会需要你。谁知道那些内莫伊迪亚懒虫又会搞砸什么事。”

He summons the ship. I stay out of the range of the hologram device. My heart beats faster. Have the Neimoidians succeeded in killing the Jedi ambassadors?
他开始联系他们。我呆在全息投影的投射范围外。我的心跳的更快了。那些内莫伊迪亚人有没有成功地消滅絕地特使?

Nute starts out with the good news.
纽特以一个好消息开始了谈话。

Those who serve you always start out with good news. Do not be blinded by their self-congratulation. The more they blather, the more they are trying to cover their mistakes.
那些为你效力的人总是用好消息开始谈话。不要被他们的自吹自擂所蒙蔽。他们越是喋喋不休,越是在试图掩盖自己的错误。

Nute tells my Master about the Trade Federation's successes. They control the cities in the north and west of Naboo. Thousands have been rounded up. They are searching for settlements that might contain pockets of resistance, but these pockets are isolated and small. Nute puffs up with his success, but his eyes dart nervously. When you rule by fear, you come to recognize the signs.
纽特向我的师父诉说了贸易联盟的成功。他们控制了纳布北方和西方的城市。数千人被逮捕。他们正在寻找可能会进行抵抗的定居地,但也只有势单力孤的那么几个小地方。纽特吹嘘着他的成功,但他的眼睛却在紧张地转动。当你通过恐惧来统治时,你就会发现这一征兆。

Lord Sidious directs him to destroy all the high-ranking officials quietly. Then he asks if Queen Amidala has signed the treaty.
西迪厄斯大人指使他秘密地杀掉所有高级官员。然后他询问阿米达拉女王是否签下了条约。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-15 13:17 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 zzg1945 于 2015-2-15 13:34 编辑

There is a fraction of hesitation before Nute responds. I recognize the sign of an underling reluctant to impart bad news. My Master waits, saying nothing.
纽特回答前有些犹豫。我注意到他不情愿汇报坏消息的小动作。我的师父等待着,什么也没说。

Queen Amidala has disappeared. Her ship got past the blockade.
阿米达拉女王不见了。她的飞船通过了封锁。

This is worse news than we expected. How could the Neimoidians have bungled such an easy job?
这是个我们意料之外的坏消息。内莫伊迪亚人怎么会搞砸这样简单的任务?

"I want that treaty signed!" my Master thunders.
“我要她签约!”师父怒喝道。

Impossible, Nute protests, his eyes glassy with fear. The ship is well out of their range....
不可能的,纽特断言,他光亮的眼中充满恐惧。那艘飞船早已飞出他们的侦查范围……

My Master controls himself. It is time to address the situation, find a solution.
我的师父控制住自己。是时候来处理这个情况,并寻找解决办法了。

"Not for a Sith, " my Master responds.
“对西斯而言不会,”师父回复道。

Yes, not for a Sith. He motions to me, and I step forward. Lord Sidious tells the Neimoidians my name, and that I will find the lost ship.
是的,对西斯而言不会。他向我示意,我向前一步。西迪厄斯大人告诉了内莫伊迪亚人我的名字,以及我将会找到那艘失踪飞船。

I see the look of surprise and dismay on Nute and his officer Rune Haako's ugly faces. They try to conceal it, but nothing can be concealed from a Sith.
我看到纽特和他的军官鲁恩·哈科(Rune Haako)丑陋的脸上惊讶与沮丧的表情。他们试图掩饰,但没有什么能从西斯眼中遁形。

Lesser beings can consolidate your power for you, and sometimes, they can amuse you. Nute and Rune look at my warrior markings and my horns, and try not to back away from the image. I give them my fiercest look. A savage appearance can strike fear in the hearts of the weak. You don't have to say a word.
人数精简能巩固权力,但有时候,他们也能消遣你。纽特和鲁恩看着我战士的标志和头上的角,试图不从图像前逃开。我将我最凶狠的表情展示给他们。恐怖的外观能使恐惧击溃脆弱的心灵。而你连一个字都不用说。

Nute looks from Darth Sidious to me.
纽特的目光在我和达斯·西迪厄斯之间游走着。

Yes, fools. There are two of us.
是的,傻瓜们。就我们两个。

My Master cuts the transmission. "Those incompetents have performed worse than my lowest expectations, " he tells me. "Queen Amidala must sign that treaty. " His face is taut with his rage. "The Jedi are behind this, of course. They are becoming a nuisance and must be eliminated. Find them. "
我的师父切断了通讯。“那些废物的表现比我的最低指望还差,”他对我说。“阿米达拉女王必须签约。”他的脸被愤怒扭曲了。“当然,这件事背后有绝地捣鬼。他们正逐渐成为麻烦且必须被消灭。找到他们。”

I've been waiting for just this moment. "I will find them, Master, " I tell him. "I will not fail. "
我一直等待着这一刻。“我会找到他们,师父,”我对他说。“我不会失败。”

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-18 15:38 | 显示全部楼层
Entry Four
第四篇

Finding the Jedi and Queen Amidala in a vast galaxy doesn't worry me.
在辽阔的银河系中寻找绝地和阿米达拉女王并不费事。

The Sith have many methods of tracking, some of which I cannot reveal, even in my own journal. Connection traces, instinct, logic, bribes, our own brilliance... our resources are many. Our range is as vast as the galaxy. My Master has shown me time and again that there is nothing too small to escape his notice, no system far enough out of reach, no ship that can't be found if you have the patience and cunning to look.
西斯有许多追踪技巧,其中的一些我不能透露,即使是在我自己的日记中。追踪通讯、直觉、行贿,一些我们独有的才华……以及我们巨大的财力。我们的势力范围如银河系一样宽广。我的师父向我展示了,在充足的时间面前没有什么能逃过他的注意,没有无法触及的星系,没有不能找到的飞船,只要你足够狡猾且有耐心来观察。

It doesn't take us long to narrow the search to one small planet in the Outer Rim Territories: Tatooine. It won't take long to find the precise coordinates of the landing site. They are in our grasp.
我们并未花太多时间就将搜寻范围缩小到外环星域的一个行星:塔图因。找到他们的着陆地点也不会耽搁很久。他们在我们的掌控之中。

Lord Sidious summons me, and I come to his side. Together we look out over the lights of Coruscant. I know my Master feels the same exhilaration I do.
西迪厄斯大人召唤了我,我来到他的身边。我们一起俯瞰着科洛桑的灯光。我知道师父和我一样感到愉悦。

He has planned carefully, step by step. Caution. Guile. Subterfuge. Hidden motives, secret acts. I have watched my Master use all of these to get to this point. Now at last we will have no need to hide our power.
他一步步地,小心地策划着。谨慎。狡猾。隐蔽。隐藏的动机,隐秘的行动。我目睹师父用所有这些方法来达到他的目的。现在我们终于不用隐藏我们的力量了。

"They have accepted a communication from Sio Bibble, " Lord Sidious tells me. "They haven't answered it. But we can be reasonably sure that they're still on Tatooine. "
“他们已经接收了来自西奥·比布尔(Sio Bibble)的通讯,”西迪厄斯大人对我说。“他们尚未应答。但我们有理由确定他们仍在塔图因。”

"Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace was correct, I will find them quickly, Master. "
“塔图因人口稀少。如果我们的追查是正确的,我很快就能找到他们,师父。”

Lord Sidious tells me that I have been well trained, and the Jedi are no match for me. Although I know this already, it gratifies me to hear it. My Master does not praise me often.
西迪厄斯大人告诉我,我被训练的很好,绝地不是我的对手。尽管我早已知道这一点,听到它仍使我感到高兴。师父不经常夸奖我。

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, " I say. "At last we will have revenge. "
“终于我们能向绝地展现自己,”我说。“终于我们将要复仇。”

"It is too late for them to stop us now, " my Master agrees, his voice soft. I can feel the strength ripple underneath the purr, the cruelty, the hard purpose that fires my own. "Everything is going as planned. " he continues, his eyes on the vast city. "The Republic will soon be under my control. "
“对他们而言要想阻止我们已经太晚了,”师父同意着,声音变得温和。我能感到他呓语之后隐藏着的力量,残酷,以及点燃我决心的他的决心。“一切都在按计划进行。”他继续说着,他注视着科洛桑浩瀚的城市。“共和国很快将会落入我的掌控。”

And mine, Master. For I stand by your side.
还有我的,师父。因为我一直支持着您。

I leave my Master and hurry to the concealed landing platform. My transport is always ready.
我离开师父,急忙赶向隐藏的着陆平台。我的飞船已经准备好了。

My Sith Infiltrator is not a large craft, but it has a powerful hyperdrive. Time is crucial now. We feel quite certain that the Queen's ship sustained some damage while escaping the blockade. There can be no other reason for landing on such a desolate planet in the Outer Rim. I suggested that Queen Amidala might be hiding out while she makes plans to retake her planet, but Lord Sidious shook his head.
我的“西斯渗透者”不是大型飞船,但它拥有强力的超空间推进器。现在时间起着决定性作用。我们非常确定女王的飞船在逃离封锁时受损。否则他们没有理由在这样一个荒凉的外环行星上停靠。我认为阿米达拉女王意图躲在那里来谋划夺回她的星球,但西迪厄斯大人摇了摇头。

"She is not so brave, " he said. "She still trusts the power of the Senate. No, that is not why they landed on Tatooine. And the reason is not your concern. Just find them. "
“她没有那么勇敢,”他说。“她仍然坚信着议会的权力。不,这不是他们在塔图因着陆的原因。而且原因不是你该担心的。你只要找到他们。”

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-18 15:38 | 显示全部楼层
When I come out of hyperspace, I pick up a distress signal from a nearby ship. I ignore it. I always ignore distress signals. What are the petty problems of others next to my mission?
当我跳出超空间时,我捕捉到一条来自附近飞船的遇险信号。我无视了它。我总是无视遇险信号。我的任务接下来还会有什么小麻烦?

Soon I can see the ship on my viewscreen. It is a small space cruiser stalled in a shipping lane. The distress signal grows more frantic as I pass it by. Someone pleads for help. Let the Jedi come to the aid of pathetic ships. Sith have more important tasks.
不一会我就在显示屏上看到了那艘飞船。那是一艘在货运航道上抛锚的小型巡洋舰。在我经过它时,遇险信号变得更加狂乱。有人在乞求着救助。让绝地来援救这艘可怜的飞船吧。西斯有更重要的任务。

Suddenly, a large bulk freighter appears out of hyperspace. At first I assume it is coming to the aid of the stalled ship. But to my surprise, the stalled ship suddenly wheels around and heads straight for me, the bulk freighter maneuvering into position on the other side. They surround me in a pincer movement. Panels slide back, and I see that the innocent-looking bulk freighter is equipped with proton torpedoes.
突然,一艘大型货船跳出超空间。我本以为它要前来救助抛锚的船只。但出乎我的意料,那艘抛锚的船突然转向并向我直冲过来,大型货船则机动至我的另一侧。他们以夹击方式包围了我。它的嵌板滑开,我发现那艘看似无辜的大型货船装备了质子鱼雷。

Then I understand. Pirates. Togorian pirates, most likely. The fiercest and the most ruthless in the galaxy.
于是我明白了。海盗。托戈里亚(Togorian)海盗,最有可能。他们是银河系中最凶残,最无法无天的家伙。

I beat the console with my fist. Fool! I should have been on my guard. How could I have left myself open like this? They have me surrounded.
我一拳打在控制台上。傻瓜!我本应更警觉些的。我怎能像这样使自己门面大开?他们把我包围了。

Now that they have seen me, I must kill them. The mission is too important to have witnesses.
现在既然他们看到我了,我就必须杀了他们。这次的任务决不能有目击者。

I try a series of maneuvers to slip between or around them. The bulk freighter quickly veers to cut me off. The cruiser dogs my flank. Togorians are expert pilots. A chase or late activation of the cloak would only draw more attention.
我尝试以一系列的机动移至他们的侧面或背面。大型货船迅速转向,打断了我的机动。巡洋舰尾随至我的侧面。托戈里亚人都是优秀的飞行员。一次追逐或启动隐形装置只会吸引更多的注意。

Nothing is a sufficient reason for failure.
什么借口都不足以解释失败。

All of these calculations run through my mind in swift seconds as the first ship fires at me. I have set the deflection shields, but the blow rocks the ship alarmingly. They have powerful weapons. I'm sure the shot was meant as a warning.
在第一艘飞船向我开火的几秒钟内,所有这些盘算闪过我的脑海。我已经设置了偏导护盾,但爆炸仍使飞船令人担忧地翻滚。他们有着强大的武装。我敢肯定这些射击是个警告。

There is only one recourse.
只有一条出路。

I cut power. The ship hangs, stalled. I turn off the deflection shields.
我切断了能源。飞船摇晃着,停下了。我关闭了偏导护盾。

It's a slight gamble, but I'm rarely wrong. The next shot from the proton torpedoes could turn me and the ship into space dust. I wait, withdrawn back on the bridge so they can't see me, even with electrotelescopes. The fools are most likely puzzled and wary.
这是场小小的賭博,但我很少犯错。一颗质子鱼雷就能把我和船一起变成太空垃圾。我等待着,回到舰桥上使他们即使用电子望远镜也无法看到我。这些傻瓜们很可能困惑并警惕着。

The smaller decoy ship heads toward me. No doubt they mean to board my ship and kill all aboard. They haven't fired again because they want the ship, too. The Sith Infiltrator is impressive. They haven't seen anything like it before.
那艘较小的诱饵船向我驶来。毫无疑问他们试图登舰并杀光所有人。他们没有再开火,因为他们还想要这艘船。“西斯渗透者”令人印象深刻。他们从来没见过像这样的飞船。

Irritation courses through me at this interruption. I will defeat them, but it will take time.
愤怒在这个小插曲中支配着我。我会打败他们,但会花费些时间。

I race to the back of the ship. I activate the release for the escape pod and climb inside. The pod is smaller than most. It has barely enough room for me.
我跑到船只的后部。我激活了逃生舱的释放系统并爬了进去。它比一般的逃生舱要小。它的空间勉强够我使用。

I wait until I see the pirate ship approach. Then I slide the release and drift out into space. I keep the engine on low power and hug the hull.
我等待着,直到看到海盗船接近。很快我将脱离并在太空中飘浮。我将引擎保持着低速并紧抓着它的船体。

When I'm sure the pirates have all boarded, I take off, carefully keeping my ship between me and the bulk freighter. The freighter has drawn closer, greedily awaiting the outcome. They think that those aboard are prepared to surrender.
当我确定海盗们全都登上我的船只后,我脱离了,小心地将我的船保持在逃生舱与大型货船之间。货船接近了,贪婪地等待着成果。他们认为那些船员们已经准备投降了。

I could escape them easily and pilot the pod to Tatooine. But I will not surrender my ship.
我本可以轻易地逃开那里,驾驶逃生舱到达塔图因。但我不会放弃我的飞船。

I head for the pirate ship, straight into the heart of my enemy. A shipload of space pirates is no match for me. I will ram their greed down their throats.
我向海盗船航去,直接冲向敌人的心脏。一船太空海盗不是我的对手。我会挤出他们喉咙下的贪婪。

They will live to regret an attack on a Sith.
他们将后悔攻击一个西斯。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2015-2-18 16:27 | 显示全部楼层
中间的插曲越多 越让我想起结果是什么样子=。-=

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-18 19:11 | 显示全部楼层
Vincent 发表于 2015-2-18 16:27
中间的插曲越多 越让我想起结果是什么样子=。-=

其实一想到EP1结局,全文里摩尔这雄心勃勃的架势我看着都觉得可惜

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2015-2-19 13:57 | 显示全部楼层
zzg1945 发表于 2015-2-18 19:11
其实一想到EP1结局,全文里摩尔这雄心勃勃的架势我看着都觉得可惜

唉 身残志坚啊

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-25 22:22 | 显示全部楼层
Entry Five
第五篇

I ease my craft around the hull of the bulk freighter. These ships are not built for graceful speed. They are basically boxes with hyperdrives. This ship is uglier than most. It is caked with grime and space dust. The hull is battered and pockmarked with cannonfire.
我使小艇在大型货船边减速。这种船并非为追求速度而建造。它们只是些装着超空间推进器的大箱子。这艘船比它的大部分同类还要丑陋。它沾满了污物与太空垃圾。它破旧的外壳上到处都是被爆能炮火击中留下的坑。

The docking bay is open, no doubt in preparation to receive my captured ship. I fly into the opening and land. The docking bay looks worse than the ship's exterior. Against the walls are stacked metal containers that spill their contents onto the filthy floor. Spare parts are simply dumped in greasy piles. The remains of meals are scattered about, as though the pirates drop bones and food when they are finished. The lights are only on half-power, leaving the corners in deep shadow.
机库门开着,毫无疑问是准备回收我那被俘的飞船。我飞进开口并着陆。机库里面看起来比船的外壳还糟糕。墙壁边堆着一堆向外流着肮脏液体的金属废料。备用零件也只是被杂乱地倒在一旁。残羹剩饭零星散布着,这些海盗们似乎会把吃剩的骨头到处乱扔。灯光也萎靡不振,使得角落里一片漆黑。

My Master told me once that the greedy are the first to economize. He has never been proven wrong.
师父曾经告诉我,贪婪是利用的首选。他从未出过错。

There are only two pirates in the docking bay. Togorians are tall beings of great strength, covered in fur that the pirates wear long and matted. Their claws are fierce and sharp. The pirates use their claws to slit open crates to see what is inside. When they hear my ship, they look up, then look down again. They assume that a fellow pirate has landed the pod.
机库里只有两个海盗。托戈里亚人是一种高大强壮、身披暗淡毛皮的生物。他们的爪子尖锐锋利。这些海盗们用爪子割开箱子来检查里面的东西。当他们听到我的飞船时,他们抬了抬头,又低下头去。他们还以为是自己的同伙在驾驶逃生舱。

What stupidity. This will be too easy.
多么愚蠢。这将会变得非常简单。

I register all this, but I do not see beings as others do. Under normal circumstances, I barely register other living creatures, unless they are threats or obstacles. When I go into battle they cease to be living beings at all. They become targets.
我明察这一切,但我不会像他人一样留意其他无关人员。在正常情况下,我不会将其他生物放在眼中,除非他们成为威胁或障碍。如果当我战斗时他们主动结束无关的身份,他们就会成为目标。

I open the hatch and leap out of the pod to charge them, my lightsaber activated. The targets freeze for an instant, but then they move fast. Roaring and spitting, they grab weapons from a pile near them. The dull-witted cretins don't use strategy; they just rush at me like barbarians, one with a vibroblade, the other with a vibro-ax. The one with the ax is clumsy. The other favors his left side.
我打开舱门,启动光剑,跳出逃生舱对付他们。一瞬间,我的目标呆住了,但他们立刻开始连滚带爬地移动。他们一边咆哮着一边从身边的一堆物件中抓出武器。这些蠢货完全没有任何策略;他们像一群野人一样直冲向我,一个拿着震动刀,一个拿着震动斧。一个笨拙地举着斧子,一个跟在他的左侧。

I see all this as I leap. At the crest of my arc, my lightsaber is high in the air. I twist slightly to attack the first pirate from his right side. When the lightsaber comes down on his shoulder, it has all the force of my body behind the blow. He goes down with a surprised grunt, his arm and vibro-blade clattering to the floor. I deliver another blow, piercing his chest, and he is still.
我跳出时就洞察了一切。我将光剑高高举起,划过一条弧线。我稍扭过身体从右侧攻击第一个海盗。我用全身的力气将光剑切入他的肩膀。他吃惊的闷哼一声,他的胳膊和震动刀一起摔在了地上。我挥出另一击,刺入他的胸膛,他也摔在了地上。

I move aside as the second pirate wields his vibro-ax. I am fluid as water and slip through his opening like a breeze. He grunts in frustration at his inability to touch me. This pirate is bigger than the first, taller than I am. His fur gives off a rank, sour smell.
我移动至手持震动斧的海盗的一侧。我像风一样轻巧地闪过他的空隙。他没能碰到我,受挫般咕哝着。这个海盗比第一个的个头大,身高也比我高。他的皮毛显示着他的等级,也散发着酸臭味。

Then he surprises me. Instead of coming at me, he wheels around and runs. I realize quickly that he's heading for the comlink station near the door. I can't have that. I can't have him alert the entire ship to my presence.
然后他出乎我的意料。他没有冲着我来,而是转身逃走。我迅速意识到他的目标是门边的通讯站。我不能让这种事情发生。我不能让我的造访变得众人皆知。

Move in secret, when you can. The blow in the darkness is the killing blow.
如果能做到,就隐秘行动。暗处袭击会是致命的。

I draw in the power of the dark side. I focus it toward the pirate. It sends him flying past the station. He hits the wall with a dull thud.
我汇集黑暗面的力量,将它集中在海盗身上。这让他飞越了通讯站。他重重地一声撞在墙上。

He turns, staggering, and roars at me in rage. Then he charges. I am expecting this, of course. I wait for his momentum to make him clumsy as he begins his strike an instant too soon. It is easy for me to evade the blow. When he totters, I whip around, my lightsaber twirling, and neatly sever his hand from his wrist. His eyes widen in surprise as he gazes down at the empty place where his hand once was. Then he feels the pain.
他转过身,惊讶万分,然后朝我怒吼。随后他冲向我。当然,我正期待着这样。就在他在过短的距离发动攻击时,我正等着那股让他变得笨拙的势头。躲过这一击很简单。他一个踉跄,我便挪动到另一个角度,我的光剑旋转着,巧妙地将他的手从手腕处切断。他惊讶地瞪大双眼,凝视着原本应该有一只手的空荡荡的地方。然后他体验了痛苦。

The howl is earsplitting. I have to take care of him fast. One side of my lightsaber slices his neck. The other hits him as he crashes to his knees, then falls over, dead.
他震耳欲聋地叫着。我得赶快关照他一下。光剑的一头扫过他的脖子。另一头击中了他的膝盖,他倒下,死了。

The targets have been eliminated, and I'm not even breathing hard.
所有目标都已被歼灭,而我连大气都不喘。

I race toward the bridge down filthy corridors crammed with discarded goods. I meet no one. Pirate ships are not crowded. Togorians are known for their aggressive natures. If too many of them are aboard one ship, fights break out. They have no discipline. Only greed.
我冲向舰桥,路过的走廊里堆满了破烂。我一个人都没碰见。海盗船通常不会很拥挤。托戈里亚人因他们的侵略天性而为人所知。如果太多托戈里亚人挤在同一艘船上,就要起冲突了。他们不守规矩,只有贪念。

I pause just outside the opening to the bridge. I have moved so quietly that no one has heard my approach. When I'm in attack mode, I am nothing more than a shadow.
我在舰桥的入口处停了一下。我行动地如此安静以至于没人发现我的接近。当我开始攻击时,我就像幽灵一般。

The bridge is even more cluttered than the docking bay. Through the dim light I see discarded cartons, their contents flung on the floor. Items the pirates did not think valuable enough to paw through: console boards, clothing, survival gear. Swinging from chains overhead in gruesome decoration are giant cages filled with creatures who gape at me, wild-eyed. I realize that they've been stuffed, their expressions frozen at the moment of their deaths. I see surprise, horror, pain, rage.
舰桥甚至比机库还杂乱。透过昏暗的灯光,我看到许多废弃的货箱,里面的东西都被扔在地上。都是些海盗们认为不值得翻翻的东西:控制板、衣物、维生装置。一些被装饰的很可怕的大笼子用链条吊着,里面的生物向我大张着嘴,眼睛中透着疯狂。我意识到它们已经死了,它们的表情冻结在了死亡的那一刻。我看到了惊讶、恐惧、痛苦、愤怒。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-25 22:27 | 显示全部楼层

If only there were a few Jedi among them.
要是有几个绝地在他们中间就好了。

This time there are four targets. I can smell them as well as see them. The Togorians are intently watching the console, where a fierce-looking pirate is reporting back from my ship. His fur is elaborately braided and ornamented with glittering objects.
这次有四个目标。我能像看到他们一样闻到他们的恶臭。这些托戈里亚人正专心地注视着控制台,那里有一个外表凶猛的海盗汇报着从我船上归来的消息。他的毛编织的很精细,用一些闪亮的物件装饰着。

One of the Togorians appears to be the captain. He wears a necklace of skulls from various beings. I wait, listening.
其中一个托戈里亚人似乎是船长。他戴着一条由各种生物的头骨穿成的项链。我等待着,倾听着。

"I'm telling you, there's no one on board!" the pirate onscreen roars angrily. "Of course we searched for hidden compartments, we're not fools! It's an unmanned ship. The course was set for Tatooine. That's why it didn't answer the distress signal. Have you ever seen a ship like this? I haven't!"
“我告诉过你,没人在这艘船上!”屏幕中的海盗怒气冲冲地吼叫。“我们当然找过隐藏隔层,我们又不是傻瓜!它是艘空船。它的航线被设定为去塔图因。这就是为什么它没有应答求救信号。你见过像这样的船吗?反正我没见过!”

The Togorian in charge appears to be thinking. "All right, idiot, " he growls finally. "Bring both ships into the loading dock. The bay is still open. If you do find any passengers, kill them. "
托戈里亚头头看上去在思考着什么。“当然,笨蛋,”他终于开始咆哮。“把两艘船都弄到船坞里去。门一直是开着的。如果你找到船员,就杀了他们。”

He cuts the communication. One of the other pirates turns to him. "Hela-Tan is a fool, " he mutters in the Togorian low growl. "They could be hiding. "
他切断了通讯。另外一个海盗转向他。“赫拉-坦(Hela-Tan)是个傻瓜,”他以托戈里亚式的低吼说道。“他们很可能藏起来了。”

"Then we'll find them, " the other replies.
“那么我们会找到他们,”其他海盗回答。

"Or they could have escaped, " a third pirate speaks up.
“也许他们已经逃跑了,”一个海盗大声说道。

"Shut your flapping mouth. What's the difference? We have the ship. " The Togorian captain turns away, unconcerned.
“闭上你的臭嘴。那又怎样?我们有船。”托戈里亚船长转过头去,一点也不当回事。

That's my cue. Everything on the bridge fades to gray - the screens, consoles, cages, open containers, discarded food. They are only obstacles or objects to be used, background to my targets. Even while the pirates have been speaking, my mind has been strategizing. I will move without thought, kill without mercy. And I will do it faster than those lumbering Togorians can take a breath.
这是我眼中的一切。舰桥上的一切都逐渐褪色——屏幕、控制台、笼子、打开的箱子,残羹剩饭。它们只是障碍物或能被利用的物品,是我的目标的背景。即使是在海盗们说话时,我的头脑都在制定着策略。我会不假思索地突进,无情地屠杀。我的速度会让那些行动迟缓的托戈里亚人连呼吸都来不及。

I am in the room and have dispatched the first target before the others are even aware of my presence. He goes down without a cry, the victim of a ceiling-to-floor sweep from my lightsaber that cuts him in two.
我冲进舱室,在其他人意识到我的存在前就终结了我的第一个目标。他一声不吭地倒下了,我举过头顶劈下的光剑将他切成了两半。

The thud of his massive body hitting the floor alerts the others. The captain turns and sees me. Roaring, he bares his fangs.
庞大的身躯倒地的闷声惊动了他人。船长扭过头看到了我。他咆哮着,露出了尖牙。

"Prepare to die, scum, " he screams, reaching down and coming up with a vibro-ax in each hand.
“准备去死吧,混球,”他尖叫着,两手各执一把震动斧跳将下来。

Sorry, cretin. I'm not impressed. Why do my opponents announce their intentions with threats and taunts? Do they really think they can intimidate me? I never speak in a battle. It is a waste of energy. I prefer to concentrate on the joy of killing.
抱歉啊,白痴。我对你没兴趣。为什么我的对手们总要恐吓讥讽,大声宣布自己的意图呢?他们真的认为能吓到我?我从不在战斗时说话。那纯属是浪费能量。我更喜欢全神贯注于杀戮的快感。

I ignore the captain for the moment. He is several steps away, and I can accomplish much in a few steps. I will leave him for last. Let him see what I do to his crew. I am already flipping in a midair roll to take the second pirate. The dark side propels me across the bridge, and I kick the target in his windpipe, sending him flying back. He makes a gurgling sound, unable to scream, and I see fear in his eyes. It sends a jolt of pleasure through me. He has never come across an opponent like me before. I deliver a fatal blow to the chest with the lightsaber, and he falls.
我暂时无视了船长。他离我还有好几步远呢,这几步够我干好多事了。我会把他留到最后再杀。让他看看我怎么对付他的船员。我一个空翻跳向第二个海盗。黑暗面驱使着我穿过舰桥,我一脚踢在他的气管上,使他向后飞去。他呻吟着,连叫喊的力量都没有,我看到了他眼中的恐惧。这让喜悦贯穿我的身躯。他从未遇到过我这样的对手。我用光剑向他的胸膛挥出致命的一击,他倒下了。

I see his life force ebb, and the dark side surges in me, pulsing, filling me. My aggression feeds on it ravenously, and I move even faster, even more efficiently, making not one mistake. I charge the third pirate with such ferocity he is unable to combat me. He waves his vibroblade, but it merely fans the air as he slashes ineffectually. I counter his moves before he can even manage to follow through on them. Then my lightsaber cuts him down.
我感到他的生命在消亡,而黑暗面在我体内汹涌澎湃,驱动着我,充实着我。我的侵略性正贪婪地吞噬着它,我的行动变得更快,更高效,丝毫没有失误。我对第三个海盗施以如此凶狠的攻击使他毫无还手之力。他挥舞着震动刀,但只是胡乱地划过空气,完全没有作用。在他反应过来之前,我就对他的行动进行了反击。随后我的光剑砍倒了他。

The dark side alerts me that the captain is taking aim at my back. He will try to crush me with a swipe from each hand, hoping to cut me in two.
黑暗面警告我,那个船长正从我的背后瞄准我。他将试图用两只手对我发动重击,希望将我劈成两半。

I leap, again using the dark side to add velocity and distance. I sail high above his head and grab onto one of the cages with one hand. I use the momentum to swing past the captain. I let go, make a midair reversal, and land behind him. I have done this so fast that his two vibro-axes are now meeting where my body once stood. They tangle, emitting a screeching sound that sends smoke spiraling upward. The cage above us swings crazily, sending grotesque shadows across the floor. The captain roars in frustration.
我跳出,再次利用黑暗面补充我的速度,缩小距离。我高高跃过他的头顶,一只手抓住头上的一只笼子。我利用跳跃的势头荡过了船长。我放开手,在半空中翻转身子,在他背后落地。我的行动如此之快以至于他的两把震动斧正与我之前所站的地面来了个亲密接触。它们碰在一起冒出烟,发出刺耳的噪音。我们上方的笼子疯狂地摇晃着,使古怪的阴影在地板上穿梭。船长泄气般怒吼着。

My jump has landed me behind him and slightly to the left. It is my favorite angle of attack, though of course I am invincible from any position. He spins around to face me, already swinging his vibro-axes. They meet the handle of my lightsaber. Smoke rises, and I feel the pirate's strength shudder up my arm into my shoulder. I like a good adversary.
我落地的位置在他的身后,稍微向左。这是我最喜欢的攻击角度,当然我从任何位置都是不可战胜的。他转了一圈面对我,挥舞着两把震动斧。它们与我的光剑剑柄抵在一起。浓烟冒出,我感到海盗用尽力气,浑身发抖,将我的胳膊压在我的肩膀上。我喜欢优秀的对手。

But I don't have time to play with this one. I flip backward and reverse direction, coming at the captain from the right. I slash his arm, rendering it useless. It dangles by his side, and the vibro-ax falls to the floor with a thud.
但我没时间和这家伙玩。我向后轻跳,又向前冲去,向着船长的左侧冲去。我猛砍他的胳膊,展示它的无用。它摇摇欲坠地挂在他的身侧,震动斧重重地一声掉在地上。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-25 22:28 | 显示全部楼层
My blow has angered him. His eyes are filled with pain. I note this with glee and attack, my lightsaber a blur of red. He dodges one blow, catches the next, cries out. I move in for the kill. My blood pounds in my ears, mingles with the blood I have spilled. My lightsaber hums with my killing blow, a vertical sweep through the chest.
我的攻击激怒了他。他的眼中充满痛苦。我兴奋地注意到它,继续攻击,我的光剑成为一团模糊的红光。他躲过一击,却撞上下一击,大声嚎叫起来。我突进,准备进行杀戮。血液在我的鼓膜中敲打着,与流出来的血混在一起。我的光剑随着致命的打击,低吼着扫过他的胸膛。

In seconds, he is on the floor, dead eyes glazed with surprise.
下一瞬间,他已躺在地上,失去生气的眼中嵌着惊恐。

The comm unit crackles. "Approaching docking bay."
通讯器喀喀地响着。“开始停靠。”

I whirl and hurry to the unit. I do not activate the visual monitor, but I speak clearly into the comm unit.
我转过身,跑向通讯器。我没有激活显示屏,而是口齿清楚地向通讯器回答。

"Proceed to the bridge. "
“来舰桥。

Then I get to work. My Sith training was extensive. My Master was concerned not only with my physical and intellectual perfection, but also my mechanical skills. Many times my knowledge of starship engines and various communication devices and weapons has come in handy.
然后我开始工作。我接受的西斯训练非常广泛。我的师父不仅关心我的体能与智力达到完美,还关注我的机械操作技术。我的飞船引擎知识和通讯设备、武器知识派上过很多用场。

This is such a time. It only takes me a few seconds to interface the propulsion units with the proton torpedoes.
这就是其中一次。我只用了几秒钟就把飞船的推进装置与质子鱼雷接通在一起。

In other words, as soon as the engine ignites, the ship will blow itself up. Togorians always leave the scene immediately to avoid capture. I don't think the deaths of their fellow pirates will slow them down. The returning pirates will most likely think the others killed each other in a brawl. Not an unusual occurrence among pirates.
换句话说,一旦引擎启动,这艘飞船就会把自己炸飞。托戈里亚人总是立刻离开作案现场以避免被逮到。我不认为几个海盗同伙的死会放慢他们的步伐。

I run for the docking bay, hoping to avoid contact with the pirates heading for the bridge. Not that I can't take them, but time is of the essence now. I must get aboard my ship and be well clear when the ship blows.
我向船坞跑去,希望能够避开向着舰桥来的海盗。并不是我无法对付他们,现在时间最重要。我必须返回我的飞船,在爆炸前离开这里。

Of course, I could board my ship and take off for Tatooine without destroying the Togorian ship, but I don't like to leave those who attack me still standing, no matter how much in a hurry I may be. And my orders from my Master are strict: Do not attract attention. No one must know of the existence of the Sith.
当然,我也可以单纯地乘飞船起飞,不必摧毁托戈里亚船只也可以到达塔图因,但不管我有着多紧急的事情,我都不喜欢让那些攻击我的人活下去。而且师父下达的命令很严格:不要吸引注意。西斯必须默默无闻。

I make it to the docking bay without being seen.
没有被人发现,我顺利地到了机库。

I have to duck into a side corridor as the pirates stumble by me, heading for the bridge, already quarreling about the division of the spoils.
当向着舰桥走去的海盗们争吵着分赃事宜时,我躲在一条侧廊里。

I hurry across the cluttered bay. I immediately spot the sleek shape of the Infiltrator next to the bulky space cruiser. I'll have to leave my escape pod behind. It's unfortunate, but I can't take the time to load it.
我匆忙穿过杂乱的机库。我立刻认出“渗透者”圆滑外壳旁边笨重的巡洋舰。我必须扔下我的逃生舱。真遗憾。但我没有时间把它再装回去。

The ramp is down, and I race up and spring inside. I nearly collide with a pirate who has stayed behind - the Togorian with the glittering objects braided into his fur.
登机板降下,我匆忙跑了上去,差点撞上一个留守的海盗——那个皮毛上装饰着闪亮物件的托戈里亚人。

I had underestimated the greed of the pirate. Of course he would fall behind to take the best of what he could for himself. His hands are full of the credits I keep for emergencies. I can see that a satchel at his feet is bulging, no doubt with the crystals I keep for worlds that do not accept credits.
我小看了海盗的贪婪。他当然会留守,因为他能捞到更多好处。他的手中抓满了我留下备用的信用点。我看到他脚下一个鼓鼓囊囊的包裹,毫无疑问在这个信用点不被接纳的世界,水晶或许能派上用场。

He is just as surprised as I am. I see now that the objects twined in his fur are sharp razors. I realize that they could serve as effective weapons in a close fight. All the Togorian would have to do is fall on someone in order to slice them to ribbons.
他和我一样吃惊。现在我看清了,缠在他皮毛上的闪亮物品是锋利的剃刀。我意识到,它们可以在近战中发挥奇效。这个托戈里亚人所要做的只是撞在某个人身上,就能把他大卸八块。

I activate my lightsaber. With a grin, he drops the credits and takes his vibro-ax from his belt.
我启动了光剑。他咧嘴一笑,扔下信用点,拔出腰间的震动斧。

"There you are, " he says, licking his lips with a thick purple tongue. "Think you can escape me? Think again. I'll finish the job. "
“你在这啊,”他说着,用厚厚的紫舌头舔了舔嘴唇。“你觉得能从我这逃跑吗?再想想吧。我会完成我的工作。”

There are those taunts again. I don't feel fear. But I do feel irritation. The rest of the pirates should be at the bridge now. Any moment they will start the engines. This detour is putting me in unnecessary danger.
又是这些吹嘘。我一点没有害怕。但我感到愤怒。其他的海盗应该已经在舰桥上了。他们随时可能启动引擎。这次耽搁让我承担着不必要的风险。

We are at close quarters. I need to dispatch him quickly. He is big, bigger than the others, and stronger.
我们的距离很近。我得快点干掉他。他很高大,比其他人都高大强壮。

I whirl in an arc and go for his chest, but he is agile and sidesteps the attack. He misses my shoulder by a breath with his vibro-ax. It crashes down on the console. This won't do. I need a functioning ship. I leap past him and flip down the ramp, just out of reach of his vibro-ax. It clangs as it hits the ramp.
我划过一条弧线,向他的胸膛砍去,但他敏捷地闪开了攻击。他又用震动斧抵住了我的肩顶。它猛击在控制台上。这可不行。我得让船能够正常运作。我一跃而下,闪过他跳下登机板,堪堪离开了震动斧的攻击范围。它哐当一声又击中了坡道。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-2-25 22:29 | 显示全部楼层
I turn for the attack, lunging at him as he jumps to the floor. This huge Togorian moves well. He shakes his fur, sending shards of light into my eyes. Momentarily dazzled, I lose my focus. I am in the middle of a vertical sweep when he twists, rolls, grunts, and comes up on my other side. I jump away, but the vibro-ax catches me on the leg.
我开始反击,在他跳到地上时扑向他。这个大个头托戈里亚人动作很灵敏。他抖了抖毛,皮毛上剃刀反射的光芒亮瞎了我的眼。在这眼花缭乱的一刹那,我走神了。当他闪身、翻滚、吼叫,然后向着我的一侧逼近时,我正在他竖直劈砍的方向上。我匆忙跳开,但震动斧咬住了我的腿。

The pain sends a red haze over my vision. He grins as he smashes one massive arm against my wounded leg. I feel the razors slice into my torn flesh. The pain sears me, but I bare my teeth at him in contempt.
疼痛使我的视觉被鲜红覆盖。他咧嘴笑着,一只铜墙铁壁般的胳膊砸在我受伤的腿上。我感到尖锐的剃刀撕开了皮肉。疼痛烧灼着我,但我仍露出牙齿以示鄙视。

If your enemy inflicts pain, do not allow him to see it. There is no pain where strength lies.
如果你的敌人让你痛苦,不要让他察觉。强者没有痛苦。

My rage is a torrent, a burning river. I leap, twist, keeping my weight on my good leg. My lightsaber is part of my body now, merciless, hard, cruel. I dance around him, slicing his arms, chest, shoulders. I want a thousand cuts to kill him. He falls facedown without a cry.
我的愤怒是一条川流不息,熊熊燃烧的江河。我飞跃,旋转,用好腿支撑着身体。现在我的光剑是身体的一部分,无情、冷酷、残忍。我在他周围起舞,切断他的胳膊,刺入他的胸膛,削下他的肩膀。我要把他千刀万剐。他脸朝下倒地,一声不吭。

I leap over his body and up the ramp. My leg wound screams in protest but I do not limp. I steel myself against the pain, disciplining my mind against it. I won't attend to it until I am safely away from this ship and have landed on Tatooine.
我跑过他的残躯,冲上登机板。我的腿尖叫着抗议,但我没有一点迟疑。我使自己变得冷酷,磨练我的意志以对抗疼痛。在我安全离开这里并降落在塔图因前,我都不会理会它。

Then I hear the warm-up of the preliminary ignition of the freighter. I start my engines and activate departure procedures. A warning light tells me that the hatch will not close. At that moment, I hear a roar. The pirate has wedged himself into the doorway. He is missing an arm. His face is smeared with blood and contorted with rage. I recognize the look. He means to kill me before he dies.
然后我听到货船引擎的预热声。我启动飞船,激活离港程序。报警灯告诉我,舱门无法关闭。就在这时,我听到一声吼叫。那个海盗正挤进飞船的入口。他的一条胳膊不见了。他的脸上沾满鲜血,表情被愤怒扭曲。我知道这架势。他想在自己死前杀死我。

Any moment, the freighter will blow.
货船每秒都有爆炸的可能。

I push the engines to full power and blast out of the landing bay. The Togorian is half in, half out, his bloody fingers clutching at the hatch door. His face snarls at me in gruesome determination.
我将引擎马力全开并冲出船坞。那个托戈里亚人一半身子在里面,一半在外面,血淋淋的手指死死抓住舱门。他死盯着我,脸上带着可怕的决心。

I ram him with my head. His grip loosens. I kick his midsection. The pirate, incredibly, still hangs on. The dark side surges, fed with blood and rage. I tap into it, using it as I whirl and kick him solidly.
我用头狠狠地撞他。他抓得松了点。我踢他的肚子。这个海盗,难以置信地,仍然抓着。以鲜血和愤怒为食,黑暗面的力量暴涨。我利用黑暗面,转过身使出一记重重的回旋踢。

At the same moment, the freighter explodes in a shower of metal and debris.
就在这时,货船爆炸了,沐浴在了无数金属碎片之中。

The Togorian is blown from the hatch, but he is already dead. For a moment, his body is plastered against my viewscreen. I see a bloody cheek. An eye. One hand is still curled, gripping nothing. Then a split second later he spirals out into deep space. The shock-wave vibrations of the blast send the craft rocking.
托戈里亚人从舱门处被吸了出去,但他已经是半死不活了。有一个瞬间,他的尸体就紧贴在我的舷窗上。我看到一张血淋淋的面孔。仅存的一只眼睛。一只仍然紧紧握着的手。下一个瞬间他就旋转着飞进了更深的太空。我的飞船被爆炸产生的冲击波震撼着。

I return to the pilot seat. It takes a moment before I can collect myself. My battles are seldom so closely won.
我回到驾驶座。我花了一小会整理思绪。我很少有如此惊险的取胜。

I plug in the coordinates for Tatooine. Night is falling on the planet, and lights wink on below. By the time the surface looms close enough for me to pick out features of the landscape, I am laughing, enjoying my favorite moment. I am safe, and my enemies are dead.
我将航线设定为前往塔图因。夜的帷幕正在这颗行星上降下,灯光在下方闪烁。在这若隐若现的景色近到足以仔细欣赏时,我笑了,享受着这个我最爱的时刻。我平安无事,我的敌人已死。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2015-2-27 15:39 | 显示全部楼层
“我不会失败”

嗯,还没到塔图因就开始犯错了。难怪你师傅不要你。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-2 23:40 | 显示全部楼层
Entry Six
第六篇

I prefer night landings. Even if my Master hadn't decreed it, I would have chosen it. As I approach Tatooine, I can see the lights of the spaceports and the occasional solitary gleam of a moisture farmer's wretched dwelling. The lights tell me things the daylight cannot - the glare of the sun can hide, the sand can camouflage. But most creatures like to have lights at night. They reveal themselves.
我更喜欢在夜晚着陆。即使我的师父没有特意要求,我也会这么做。在我接近塔图因时,我能看到太空港的灯光和湿气农场主们简陋住所中时有时无的闪烁。这些灯光揭示了在白天无法知晓的事——刺眼的阳光能用于隐蔽,沙子能用于伪装,但大多数生物喜欢在夜晚开灯。他们暴露了自己。

The sky is an inky blue as I land on an isolated mesa near my first search quadrant, close to Mos Espa. First, I activate detectors to make sure no one is in the area. Lord Sidious has warned me specifically not to attract attention on this mission. The probe droids will conduct the search. I must stay with the ship.
天空呈现着墨蓝色,我降落在了第一块搜索区域附近,靠近莫斯艾斯帕(Mos Espa)一座孤立的山上。我首先启动探测器以确保周围空无一人。西迪厄斯大人特意警告我不要在这一任务中引起注意。探测机器人会进行搜索。我必须和飞船呆在一起。

The wind is cold as I hike to a nearby dune and climb to the top. I sweep the area with my electrobinoculars. I can just make out the spaceport of Mos Espa in the distance. There are other settlements nearby. I activate three probe droids and send them out. The probes have been downloaded with information on the Jedi. They will send back readings that will give me the coordinates of the Jedi's location.
寒风彻骨,我徒步登上附近的一座沙丘。我用电子望远镜环视这一区域。目力所及之处我只能认出莫斯艾斯帕太空港以及附近的其他一些定居点。我派出了三个已经被植入有关绝地的信息的探测机器人。它们会将绝地的位置坐标传送回来给我。

By this time tomorrow, they will be dead at my feet.
明天的这个时候,他们就会死在我的脚下。

I trudge back to the ship. The sand sucks at my boots, and, thanks to my injury, each step requires an effort. Fiery blasts radiate from the wound. Sweat beads up on my forehead.
我艰难地返回了飞船。沙子在我的靴子里滚动,而且拜我的伤痛所赐,我的每一步都很吃力。伤口周围火辣辣的。我的额头上渗出了汗水。

I loathe weakness. It is time to tend to my wound now that the probes have been launched.
我讨厌虚弱的感觉。探测机器人已经离开,我也该照料一下伤口了。

Before I begin to dress my wound, I meditate, focusing on the pain until it becomes fiercer. It becomes every dark thought, every savage feeling I have felt. It becomes a power I can use.
在我开始包扎伤口前,我冥想着,将注意力集中在疼痛上直到它变得更剧烈。它逐渐使我想起我所拥有过的每一个黑暗的念头,每一次狂怒的感觉。它成为了能为我所用的力量。

There is no pain where strength lies.
强者没有痛苦。

My Master has told me that the Jedi look at pain differently. They embrace it. They thank it for alerting them to the fact that they've been wounded and need to care for themselves. They think this helps them heal.
师父向我讲述了绝地对于痛苦截然不同的看法。他们欣然接受它。他们为它提醒自己已经受伤且需要照料而感谢它。他们认为这能帮助他们疗伤。

What fools they are. Pain is power. I will take my pain and I will use it against them.
真是一群傻瓜。痛苦就是力量。我将会吸收我的痛苦并用它来对抗他们。

When I meet the Jedi, I will be even stronger than before.
当我遭遇绝地时,我将会比以往任何时候都要强大。

I delay applying bacta to the wound. I sit motionless, waiting out the pain until it becomes not pain, but desire. My need for revenge against the Jedi burns me. They have done this to me. My pursuit of them has brought me here. I pull the darkness around me like a hooded cloak. I surround myself with anger.
我尽量不使用巴克塔。我一动不动地坐着,等待着痛苦消逝,欲望升起。我对绝地的复仇欲燃烧着我。是他们对我做了这些。我对他们的欲望使我来到这里。我使黑暗如同斗篷一样包围我。我使自己被愤怒所包围。

Only then do I dress the wound and apply bacta. I feel myself begin to heal.
只有这时我才会包扎伤口并使用巴克塔。这时我才觉得自己真正开始痊愈。

As the night drags on, exhaustion from my battle with the pain that is not pain settles into my bones. I dress my wound again with bacta and bandages and stretch out on my sleep-couch. Despite my best efforts, my mind drifts. I remember back to the time I felt pain so searing I thought I would die from it. Pain so intense that I could not even remember my name.
夜色渐深,战斗所带来的的疲惫和疼痛逐渐变得强烈。我用巴克塔和绷带又包扎了一次伤口,然后在睡椅上伸展开四肢。尽管我尽了最大的努力,我的意识还是模糊了。我回想起我体验接近死亡的烧灼般的痛苦的那一天。那次的痛苦是如此剧烈,剧烈的我甚至连自己的姓名都忘了。

That was the day I became a Sith.
那是我成为西斯的那一天。

It is years ago. I am old enough to feel that I am already full grown and mature, but young enough not to know what that means. I do not know how old I am, for my Master never told me how long ago it was when he took me, or what my age is. Age is of no consequence to a Sith. We live long lives. We do not track our development in such a mundane way.
那是几年前的事了。我已足够年长以认为自己已经强壮成熟,却又足够年轻而不懂它意味着什么。我不知道自己多大,因为师父从未告诉我自从他带走我后过了多长时间,或是我的年龄。年龄对西斯不重要。我们万古长青。我们不会用这么平凡的方式记录自己的发展。

So it is not my age that tells my Master I am ready, but my abilities. I know I am strong and fast and I never break. My control of the darkness that fuels the Force is close to perfect.
是我的能力而不是年龄告诉师父我已准备就绪。我知道自己强壮迅捷,绝不失败。我对原力黑暗面的控制几近完美。

I am happy when my Master tells me I am ready to take the last tests that will allow me to become a Sith Lord. I have already fulfilled two years of missions for my Master. I have pleased him. I am ready.
当师父告诉我,我已准备好接受成为一名西斯尊主的考验时,我很高兴。两年以来我一直在为师父做事。我取悦了他。我准备好了。

For fourteen days, I take a series of physical tests. Lightsaber duels, endurance exercises, fasting. Some tests I take blindfolded or in a sensory-deprivation suit. It is the most grueling fourteen days I can imagine. By the time it ends, I am exhausted.
接下来的十四天中,我进行了一系列体能测试。光剑决斗、耐力测试、空腹训练。有些测试需要蒙眼或穿上知觉封闭衣。这是我所能想象到的最累人的十四天。在它结束时,我已筋疲力尽。

And I find that the test has not yet begun.
然而我发现考验尚未开始。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-2 23:42 | 显示全部楼层
"I am sending you to a planet in the Outer Rim, " my Master tells me. "It is made up of three kinds of terrain: desert, swamp, and mountains. You will have at least three matches on each terrain. I have sent a fleet of assassin droids to attack you. Each are programmed with different strategies. Some will work together, some will work alone. They are all programmed to kill. "
“我将把你送到外环星域的一个行星上,”师父对我说。“它由三种地形组成:沙漠、沼泽和高山。每种地形中至少有三场战斗等着你。我已派去一队暗杀机器人去袭击你。每个机器人都有着不一样的策略。有些会合作,有些会单独行动。它们都被编程为格杀勿论。”

That gets my attention.
这吸引了我的注意。

"That is correct, " Lord Sidious says quietly. "I am prepared to lose what I most value. So must you be to become a Sith. You must be prepared to lose your own life in order to win. "
“这就对了,”西迪厄斯大人轻声说道。“我已准备好失去我最有价值的东西。所以你必须成为一个西斯。你必须准备好用生命换来胜利。”

I nod. "I understand, my Master. "
我点头。“我明白,师父。”

"You will have to survive for a month, " Lord Sidious adds. "You will have only a survival pack. "
“你必须在那里生存一个月,”西迪厄斯大人补充道。“你只能带一个生存包。”

Despite my exhaustion, I am exhilarated, too. Did I ever imagine it would be easy to become a Sith Lord? The value of anything is measured by effort. I will prove to my Master that I am the best apprentice in the history of the Sith. I shall not only survive, I shall conquer.
尽管我很疲惫,我也很振奋。我从未想过成为一个西斯尊主是件容易事。成果是检验价值的唯一标准。我将会向师父证明我是西斯历史上最好的学徒。我不仅能活下来,还会获得胜利。

I realize now how young I was. I couldn't have known what was ahead of me.
我意识到自己是多么年轻。我完全不知道自己即将面临的是什么。

I land on the planet and begin my test. It is infinitely more difficult than my imagination has been able to grasp. The assassin droids are relentless. Again and again I am awakened by an attack. Again and again I fight, move camp, fight again. I am driven into the mountain snows and across the burning desert. I lose my survival pack in a battle and have to kill and forage for food.
我在行星上着陆,开始了我的考验。它的难度超出了我的想象。暗杀机器人是无情的。一次又一次,我被袭击所唤醒。一次又一次,我战斗,迁营,再次战斗。我被推入白雪皑皑的高山,被逼进炎热的沙漠。我在一次战斗中丢失了生存包,只好靠捕猎和采摘生存。

Ten days go by. Fifteen. Twenty.
十天过去了。十五天。二十天。

I grow thin and my strength begins to ebb. I have never felt such weakness, even during my fasts. And yet I have to go on. I have to fight, I have to find a place to rest, I have to fight again. I count off the days in my head.
我日渐消瘦,力量开始衰退。我从未有如此虚弱之感,即使是在空腹训练时。然而我得继续。我必须战斗,我必须找到安身之所,我必须再次战斗。我在脑中计算着天数。

One battle with two assassin droids almost undoes me. I sustain a bad blaster wound to my thigh. I drag myself to a cave to hide. I have no bacta, no bandages. Yet I know I must recover before I fight again.
我差点在与两个暗杀机器人的一次战斗中丧命。我被一发爆能束击中了大腿。我拖着自己的身子躲进了一个山洞。我没有巴克塔,没有绷带。但我知道我必须在下一次战斗前恢复自己。

The wound festers. It is a searing, blinding pain. I am too weak to forage for food. The days blur. I no longer know how long I've been on the planet. Surely it has been more than a month. Has my Master forgotten about me?
伤口溃烂了。这是种灼热炫目的疼痛。我太虚弱以至于无法寻找食物。日期逐渐模糊。我已经不知道自己在这颗行星上呆了多长时间。可以肯定的是绝对超过了一个月。难道师父把我忘在这里了?

I am close to hallucinating when Lord Sidious appears at the mouth of the cave. I am so glad to see him that my bones turn to water. I look at him hopefully.
当师父出现在洞口时,我几乎产生了幻觉。看到他是如此令我高兴,我的骨头都快变成一滩水了。我充满希望地看着他。

"Now it is time for your final battle, " he says.
“现在是时候进行你最后的战斗了,”他说。

Another battle? I can't even walk.
又一场战斗?我甚至连走路都不能了。

Yet his power over me is so strong that I rise on my watery legs. The cave walls shimmer in front of my eyes. My balance is off. I fumble for my lightsaber and activate it.
然而他施加于我的压力如此之大,我只好用瘫软的腿支撑起身体。山洞的石壁在我眼前闪烁着。我几乎就要跌倒。我摸索着自己的光剑,启动了它。

"Where is the assassin droid, Master?" I ask. My voice emerges hoarsely from thick, swollen lips. I need water. I would kill for water.
“暗杀机器人在哪里,师父?”我问。我沙哑的语句从粗重肿胀的嘴唇后流出。

My Master powers up his lightsaber. "I will be your opponent. "
师父开启了光剑。“你的对手是我。”

I take a step toward him. I know this is my final test. I summon up the dark side of the Force. I take all my pain and anger and form it into a tightly packed ball. I set that ball aflame in my chest.
我向他迈出一步。我知道这是我的最终考验。我唤起原力的黑暗面。我将所有的痛苦和愤怒集中为紧密的一团,将它集中在我的胸口。

I feel a trickle of strength enter me. That encourages me. I use that strength to stoke the fire inside me.
我感到力量一丝丝淌入我的身体。这鼓舞了我。我用这股力量燃烧起身体中的火焰。

"You cannot be as pathetic as you look, " my Master says. He raises his lightsaber and attacks.
“你简直比看起来还要可怜,”师父说。他举起光剑,发动攻击。

I parry the blow and reverse, come at him from the opposite side. But he is already gone by the time I am able to make my attack. The lunge throws off my balance. I weave, the cave walls blurring. He laughs.
我格挡,反击,向着他的另一侧扑去。但他在我有余力发动反击时已经闪开了。我一个趔趄失去了平衡。我蹒跚着,洞穴的石壁变得模糊不清。他大笑。

"I take it back, " he says. "You are that pathetic. "
“我收回前言,”他说。“你正如看起来一样可怜。”

He tells me I am weak, not worthy of being a Sith Lord. He tells me he has misjudged me. I attempt to attack him. The ball of anger inside me turns to howling rage. It is painfully obvious that he is playing with me. He can kill me in a heartbeat. Yet something in me will not accept this, even from my Master. My life force won't allow it. I struggle on, even in the face of his laughter.
他说我太弱了,不值得成为一个西斯尊主。他说他看错我了。我怒火中烧,试图攻击他。很明显他在玩弄我。他能不费吹灰之力就干掉我。但我不能忍受这样的嘲讽,即使是来自我的师父,我的生命原力也不允许。我在他的嘲笑中斗争着。

He tells me that he has expected my failure. He saw my weaknesses long ago. Secretly, over the long years, he has trained another apprentice. I have not been alone.
他告诉我他早已预料到我的失败。他早就看清了我的弱小。许多年前他就秘密地训练了另一个学徒。我并不是独一无二的。

I point out, gasping, that more than one apprentice is against the rules of the Sith.
我气喘吁吁地辩解着,说徒弟多于一个违反了西斯的规矩。

"You are right, " he says. "A spark of intelligence at last. "
“没错,”他说。“终于变聪明点了。”

The second apprentice is on the other side of the planet. He conquered all the assassin droids sent after him. He did not sustain more than a flesh wound. He is healthy and strong.
第二个学徒就在这颗星球的另一端。他消灭了所有派来的暗杀机器人。他只受了一次伤。他健壮且强大。

"Unlike the pathetic weakling I see before me, " my Master says.
“不像我眼前这个可怜的弱者,”我的师父说。

I realize dully what this means. My opponents had not really been the droids. My opponent had been someone I had never seen. My enemy has been chosen by my Master. He will become a Sith Lord. He will receive the honor I was due. He will reap the glory I had punished my body and disciplined my mind in order to receive.
我迟钝地理解了这番话的含义。我真正的对手不是机器人。我的对手是个我从未见过的人。我的敌人被师父选中了。他将会成为一个西斯尊主。他将收获本应属于我的荣耀。他将获得我费尽千辛万苦身心俱疲才能获得的光荣。

A slow rage begins to burn through me. It is a terrible anger, no less fierce because it starts as a kernel of disbelief and then builds. I have never felt anything like it. I know it can consume me.
愤怒慢慢地开始在我心中燃烧。这是种可怕的愤怒,它以怀疑为中心逐渐辐射开来。我从未有过这样的感觉。我知道它能将我燃烧殆尽。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-2 23:43 | 显示全部楼层
No. I can direct it. My rage will consume my enemy. It will consume my Master.
不。我能主宰它。我的愤怒能消灭我的敌人。它会消灭我的师父。

Yes, my Master is now my enemy. He is my betrayer. Hatred sears me, hardens me.
是的,我的师父现在就是我的敌人。他背叛了我。愤怒使我的身体变得坚固、火热。

"Can you make the next leap in logic?" Lord Sidious asks me contemptuously. "Try to focus, Maul. If there can be only one apprentice, then one of you must die. Who do you think I have chosen to die. Maul?"
“能跟上我说的吗?”西迪厄斯尊主轻蔑地问。“听清楚,摩尔。如果只能有一个学徒,那么你们中的一个人必须死。你觉得我会选哪一个去死呢。摩尔?”

The rage rockets within me, pumping energy into my muscles. I can do anything. I can kill my Master. I want to kill him. My hatred is so huge it blots everything else but my desire for his blood.
狂怒急速地上升着,将能量推进我的肌肉。我什么都干得出来,我能杀了我的师父,我想杀了他。我的仇恨无边无际,我渴望着他的鲜血。

With a howl torn from the depths of my belly, I spring at him. He barely misses the first blow from my lightsaber, for even in my rage I have employed strategy, coming at him from below, hoping to rip him in two.
随着一声撕裂空气的,发自肺腑深处的咆哮,我突然跃向他。他勉强躲过了光剑的第一击,即使是狂暴的我也会使用策略,我从下向上攻击,希望将他撕成两半。

He parries my next blow. Sweat stings my eyes as I move across the rough cave floor. I do not stumble. I am nothing but the pulse of my anger, pure energy, pure darkness. I streak across the cave floor and come at him again, somersaulting through the air. My lightsaber whirls in the darkness. When he parries the blow, he staggers.
他挡住了我的下一击。当我在洞穴中移动时,汗水刺痛了我的双眼。我毫不犹豫。我只剩下跳动着的愤怒,纯粹的能量,纯粹的黑暗。我滑过地面,发动空翻,再次向他进攻。我的光剑在黑暗中舞动。每格挡一次攻击,他都变得更吃力。

I am going to kill him. Every beat of my blood exults in my power. Every blow I deliver is meant to be the killing blow. I use reserves of strength I did not know I had. My blows are sure and precise, my footwork flawless. I gather in the power of the dark side. I feel my power clash with his. The air is thick, charged with our dark, titanic powers.
我要杀了他。血管的每一次跳动都增强着我的力量。每一次攻击都是致命的。我用着自己不曾发觉的力量。我的攻击精准,我的步伐完美。我从黑暗面汲取力量。我感到我们的力量互相碰撞。空气劈啪作响,被我们可怖的黑暗力量所充满。

He parries every blow. But I see that he has to work hard to keep me at bay. Triumph roars through me at my Master's weakness. He is not as powerful as he appears.
他将每一次攻击都格挡住。但我发觉他需要更费劲才能压制住我了。师父的虚弱鼓舞着我。他并没有看起来那么强大。

"You want to kill me?" he taunts. "You want to kill your Master?"
“你想杀了我?”他嘲弄着。“你想杀了自己的师父?”

"Yes, " I grunt.
“对,”我低声说着。

"You hate me?"
“你恨我?”

"Yes!" I scream out the word through gritted teeth.
“对!”我咬牙切齿地喊出这个词。

But I have been weakened by my ordeal, and my Master maneuvers me against the cave wall. I am gasping, trying to suck in enough air to keep going. My vision blurs as Lord Sidious raises his lightsaber. I parry the blow, but my lightsaber suddenly flies out of my hand, torn by the power of my Master directing the dark side. I realize then that he has just begun to tap into his own reserves. Mine are played out.
但严酷的考验几乎已经击垮了我,师父移动到我面前,使我背对着洞壁。我喘着气,希望汲取更多的空气以持续战斗。在我模糊的视觉中,西迪厄斯尊主举起了光剑。我挡住攻击,但我的光剑突然从手中飞走,从我手中被师父操控的黑暗面扯开。我意识到他只是刚开始触碰他自己的力量。而我的力量已经用尽了。

I will not be able to deflect the next blow. It will rend me in two. In a blur of heat and pain I see the mighty power of my Master raised against me, see the lightsaber come toward me, see my death as clearly as a bone-white moon in an ebony sky.
我已无力抵挡下一次攻击。它将会把我劈成两半。在模糊的实现和火烧般的疼痛中,我看到了师父向我发动的强大的力量,看到了迎面而来的光剑,以及如同黑夜中银白色的月亮般清楚的,我的死亡。

I lunge forward and sink my teeth into his hand. I strike like an animal, so quickly he doesn't have time to step away. I taste his blood and spit it back at him in contempt.
我向前猛扑,狠狠地咬住他的手。我像野兽般冲击,快得使他来不及后退。我品尝着他的鲜血,然后吐在他身上表示我的蔑视。

Yes, he will kill me. But I will die with his blood on my lips.
是的,他会杀了我。但我将沾着他的血死去。

The lightsaber comes down. I wait for the pain and shock. I wait to die.
光剑落下。我等待着痛苦和昏厥。我等待着死亡。

My Master laughs. He tosses the lightsaber aside. It is a training saber. It does not harm me.
师父大笑着。他把光剑扔在一边。那是把训练光剑。它没有伤到我。

I am alive. He will not kill me. My muscles fail me but I don't let him see it. I lean slightly against the cave wall in back of me. The rock bites into my back and I concentrate on the pain while my Master continues to laugh. I will never forget the sound of that laughter. There is no mercy in it.
我还活着。他不会杀我。我的肌肉罢工了,但我没有让他看到。我轻轻地靠在背后的石壁上。石头划破了我的后背,当我发觉疼痛时,师父继续笑着。我永远不会忘记那种笑声。那其中没有丝毫仁慈。

"Do you feel the hate?" he asks.
“你感受到仇恨了吗?”他问。

I nod.
我点头。

"It Is the source of your strength. You still hate me, " he says. "No matter. Today you have delivered yourself into my hands. I have the power of life or death over you, Maul. Someday, you will hold that power over another. It is the honor of the Sith. You will devote yourself to the idea of domination. "
“它是你力量的源泉。你仍然恨着我,”他说。“没关系。今天你已落入我的手中。我有着凌驾于你生死之上的力量,摩尔。总有一天,你要将那种力量凌驾于另一个人之上。这是西斯的光荣。你将会投身于支配的理念。”

Confused, I ask him about the other apprentice. But there is no other apprentice. It had been a lie.
我一头雾水,询问他另一个学徒的事。但根本没有那么个人。这是个谎言。

"You have passed the test, " Lord Sidious tells me.
“你已经通过了考验,”西迪厄斯大人对我说。

I deactivate my lightsaber and shove it into my belt. I taste my Master's blood on my lips. The world is returning to me slowly. My rage is ebbing, but I have not fully grasped what has happened.
我关掉光剑,将它挂在皮带上。我舔了舔嘴唇上师父的血。我的意识逐渐清醒。我的愤怒逐渐消退,但我还没完全理解刚才发生了什么。

My Master fixes his gaze on me, the ice-gaze that holds such power.
师父投向我的目光恢复了平时的,冰冷的蕴含着力量的目光。

"From this day forward, you are a Sith Lord. You have chosen the path of darkness, the path of power. You are Lord Maul. You are my instrument. "
“从今往后,你就是一个西斯尊主。你已经选择了黑暗的道路,通往力量的道路。你是摩尔尊主。你是我利用的工具。”

"Yes, Master. "
“是的,师父。”

"Your rage, " he says. "You enjoyed it? You enjoyed wanting to kill me?"
“你的愤怒,”他说。“你享受它吗?你享受着想杀我的欲望吗?”

"I took great pleasure in it, " I say.
“我从中获得愉悦,”我说。

He laughs again. But this time, his laughter does not mock me. "You will do well, Lord Maul, " he says.
他再次大笑。但这次,他的笑声不再是嘲笑了。“你将会做的非常好,摩尔尊主。”

And my rage against him leaves, never to return. I am a Sith Lord. I am his instrument.
于是我对他的愤怒便消逝了,一去不复返。我是个西斯尊主。我是他利用的工具。

My Master takes me back to Coruscant. I am tended by a medical droid. The days pass quickly. I am determined to get better and be stronger than before. The initiation has turned me to bone and sinew. I have been emptied out and filled again with anger and purpose. I am harder than I've ever been before.
师父将我带回科洛桑。一个医疗机器人照看着我。光阴似箭,我决心要比之前做的更好,变得更强。加入西斯让我真正成为了有血有肉的人。我焕然一新,再次充满了愤怒与意志。我比以往任何时候都要坚强。

When I have recovered completely, my Master sends for me.
当我完全康复时,师父召唤了我。

"You are a formidable warrior, Lord Maul, " he tells me. "Now you need a weapon to match. "
“你是个强大的战士,摩尔尊主,”他对我说。“现在你需要一件称手的武器。”

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-2 23:43 | 显示全部楼层
He shows me the Sith archives for the first time. He has perused them for long hours and found an overlooked entry. Thousand of years ago, a Sith Lord fashioned a double-ended lightsaber.
他第一次向我展示了西斯档案室,他在里面灌注了大量心血。他找到了一个尘封的条目。几千年前,一个西斯尊主制造了一把双头光剑。

My Master points to the entry. "This will be your weapon, Lord Maul. In order to serve me well, you must be invincible. "
师父指着它。“这将会成为你的武器,摩尔尊主。为了更好的为我效劳,你必须所向披靡。”

He tells me I must build it myself so that I know it intimately. It shall be fitted to my hand, balanced for my stroke. I shall train with it until it is part of me. And then I will join him on the greatest mission of all.
他告诉我,为了更好的熟悉它,我必须自己打造我的光剑。它必须适合我的手,使我的攻击变得更舒畅。我需要训练直到它成为我身体的一部分。到那时我将会加入他有史以来最伟大的使命。

"What is that, Master?" I dare to ask.
“它是什么呢,师父?”我小心翼翼地问。

"The domination of the entire galaxy, " he tells me.
“支配整个银河系,”他告诉我。

That day, I feel a savage exhilaration close to the joy I feel in battle. I am involved in great things. Domination. Control.
那一天,我感受到一种残酷的,在战斗时才能感觉到的快乐。我参与了如此伟大的事业。支配。掌控。

I am only beginning to taste the dark power of a Sith.
我仅仅是刚开始品尝黑暗面的力量。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-5 22:34 | 显示全部楼层
Entry Seven
第七篇

The little rest I got during the night revives me. My wound is stiff, but my powers of recuperation are remarkable. The probe droids have not sent back any readings, but I am certain that they will this day. I can feel the disturbance in the dark side. There is a power of good on the planet, a concentration of the Force.
我从一晚上的小憩中恢复过来。我的伤口尚未痊愈,但我的恢复力是惊人的。侦查机器人没有传回任何情报,但我可以肯定它们今天之内就会传回消息。我能感到原力中的扰动。这颗星球上有着集中的,强大的光明面原力。

The Jedi are near. The anticipation I feel is like a ravenous hunger.
绝地就在附近。我如饥似渴地期待着。

The twin suns of Tatooine rise. Within an hour, the heat is stifling. I hike to the nearby mesa where I can see for kilometers. A sea of coarse sand surrounds me. The two suns overhead broil the earth, sending waves of heat upward that batter against my body like solid walls. The light is blinding.
塔图因的双子日升起了。不到一个小时,温度就高的几乎令人窒息。我攀上附近的一座能看到方圆几公里景色的小山。粗糙的沙海环绕着我。两个高悬的太阳烧烤着这颗星球,带起的热浪冲击着我的身体,阳光更是无比刺眼。

Yet Tatooine is the kind of planet I prefer. I feel comfortable with its harshness. It operates outside the Senate's laws. It's full of criminals and drifters, but they crowd into the spaceports. Vast areas of the planet are left to hide in. Stealth is currently my best weapon against the Jedi.
但塔图因是我喜欢的类型。我喜爱它的粗犷。它在议会的法度之外。这里到处都是罪犯和流浪汉,但他们都挤在太空港里。这里有大片的地域可以用来藏匿。而隐秘正是我用于对付绝地的最好的武器。

But I grow impatient waiting to hear from the probe droids. The hours crawl by. I prowl around the ship restlessly.
但等待着侦查机器人汇报的我愈发的不耐烦了。时间正在流逝。我焦躁地在飞船边徘徊着。

Sith are never restless. Our discipline is no less absolute in delay than in action.
西斯不会慌乱。冒进带来的惩罚可不比延误少。

But Master, I have never been so close before!
但是师父,我之前从未如此临近过!

Finally, I settle myself into a meditation pose. I focus on the darkness within. I start with an image of a battle fought on a mission for my Master. I don't remember my opponent's face, but I remember how he fought. I remember how he tried to elude me in the end, and how I ran him down. My anger and pleasure mix and rise to a furious pitch.
最后,我使自己进入了冥想状态。我将注意力集中在黑暗中。我的思绪回到了一次任务的战斗时分。我不记得对手的面孔了,但我记得他战斗的方式。我记得在最后他是如何逃避我,以及我如何将他击倒。我的愤怒与愉悦混合、升华,到了一个全新的高度。

Then another memory comes to my mind. I am a small boy, walking with my Master on a planet that is all ice and snow. The wind cuts like a laser as we walk by a deep blue lake, but I am warmly dressed and don't feel the cold. I have just completed a series of exercises, rigorous ones that conclude with my having to run up the icy sheer slope of a mountain and come down at top speed. The effort called for superior balance and control. I feel fear, but I perform well, and I am hoping my Master will praise me. Instead, my Master raises a hand, and suddenly the dark side picks up my small body and tosses me into the middle of the lake.
然后又一个记忆浮现在我的脑海里。我是个小男孩,与师父在一个冰雪世界中行走。当我们行至一个深蓝色的湖边时,风就像激光一样切割着我们,但我穿的很厚感觉不到寒冷。我刚完成了一系列严酷的训练,其中包括跑上一个被冰雪覆盖的险峻的山坡再以最快的速度冲下来。它能锻炼出优秀的平衡力和控制力。我感到恐惧,但仍表现优秀,并期盼着师父的表扬。但是,师父一抬手,黑暗面便突然揪起我的小身体并将我抛进了湖泊的中央。

I sink and then fight my way to the surface. Chunks of ice surround me. The water is so cold I can't catch my breath. It stings my exposed skin. I remember the shock of fear I felt as I realize my thick clothes, my heavy boots, will drag me down and I will drown.
我挣扎着下沉,奋力试图回到水面上。大块大块的冰包围着我。寒冷的冰水让我连呼吸都要停止了。我暴露的身体被冰冷的水刺激着。我记得当自己发现厚实的衣服,沉重的靴子会将我拉入水底时的恐惧和震惊。

Turn your fear to anger, Maul.
将你的恐惧转化为愤怒,摩尔。

That had been my lesson. I see that I have not learned it to his satisfaction.
我曾经上过这一课。我认识到我尚未完全理解到他满意的程度。

I struggle, gulping the icy water, going down and rising again. I try to call for help. I see my Master on the shore. He does not raise a hand.
我挣扎着,咽下许多冰水,在水中沉浮。我试图呼救。我看到师父站在湖畔。他没有向我伸出手。

My fear becomes anger. The dark side propels my arms and legs, makes me push against the water furiously, allows me to kick my feet in my heavy boots
and swim to shore. I drag myself upright, shivering.
我的恐惧变成了愤怒。黑暗面鼓动着我的四肢,使我狂暴地对抗着水,让我穿着沉重靴子的脚将我推向岸边。我颤抖着,笔直的站在岸边。

Still he does not praise me. We merely continue our walk.
他仍然没有表扬我。我们仅仅是继续行进。

Those memories feed the dark side. I concentrate the suffering I felt and turn it to anger. Soon I find a powerful stillness in the darkness.
那些记忆养育着黑暗面。我感受到了其中的痛苦并将其转化为愤怒。很快我便到达了强大的,死寂的黑暗。

When my mediation is over, I exit the ship for one of my routine checks. This time, I find bantha tracks. One bantha has made a slow circle around the ship, paused, then circled again. I had not heard a sound.
冥想结束后,我离开飞船进行例行巡逻。这次,我发现了班萨(Bantha)的踪迹。一只班萨曾在飞船周围慢慢的绕行了一圈,停下,又继续绕行一圈。但我没有听到任何声音。

I crouch to examine the tracks. The nature of the movement tells me that the bantha is carrying a passenger. Why else would an animal circle a ship?
我蹲下来检查那些痕迹。它们告诉我这只班萨有一名骑手。否则为什么一只动物要围着飞船绕圈?

Who is watching me?
谁在监视着我?

It could be Jedi, or a spy sent by the Jedi. It could be an innocent observer. In any case, I decide to investigate. My presence here must remain secret.
有可能是绝地,或是绝地差遣来的间谍。或是个无辜的路人。无论如何,我都要研究一下。我来到这里的事必须无人知晓。

I follow the bantha tracks through the soft sand. The two suns are directly overhead, and the heat is so intense it feels like flame. The wound in my leg begins to throb after a few kilometers. I ignore it.
我跟随着班萨的踪迹穿过柔软的沙地。双子日在天顶散发着热量,给人的感觉就像火烤一样。走了几公里后,我腿上的伤口开始隐隐作痛。我无视了它。

The tracks lead me over the dunes and into a canyon. The sheer cliff walls tower over me, shielding me from the suns' rays. The walls create blue shadows. It is hard, after the brilliance of the light bouncing off the sand, to distinguish shadow from substance.
我跟随着印迹穿过沙丘,进入了一个峡谷。悬崖绝壁远远高过我的头顶,保护我不受太阳辐射的炙烤。石壁投下了蓝色的阴影。我勉强能从沙子反射的刺眼光芒中分辨出事物的形迹。

I notice that the bantha tracks go off over the rocks. I have followed them as far as I can. My eyes scan the canyon overhead. Empty. All I can see is the wide sky. The wind sweeps through the canyon, sending sand pattering against my clothes. I realize that if I were not Maul, a Sith
Lord, but an ordinary being, I would feel trapped here in this desolation. But I am a Sith. Something is wrong. I am not trapped, but am I meant to be?
我注意到班萨的踪迹消失在了石堆中。我必须尽可能地跟着他们。我仔细观察了头顶的山谷。空无一人。我只看到了辽阔的天空。风从谷中刮过,沙子打在我的衣服上。我意识到如果我不是摩尔尊主,而是一个普通人,我将会困在这片荒地中。但我是个西斯。不太对劲。我并没有被困住,但我怎么会认为自己要被困住呢?

Suddenly, one riderless bantha lurches into sight around a canyon wall. My concentration is broken for only a second. And in that second a Tusken Raider takes shape from a shadow under the cliff and races toward me, brandishing his gaderffii stick.
突然,山谷中一只落单的班萨闯入了我的视线。我的注意力一下子被转移开。就在这时,一个塔斯肯袭击者(Tusken Raider)从悬崖的阴影中向我冲来,挥舞着他的加菲棒(Gaderffii)。

主题

帖子

精华

版主

原力
水晶

绝地同盟

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-5 22:35 | 显示全部楼层
Of course I briefed myself before I left Coruscant on what I would find on Tatooine. I know about Tusken Raiders. Locals call them Sand People. They are aggressive, fierce attackers. Well adapted to the desert, they wear sand-colored robes, breath masks, and eye protectors. Their weapon of choice, the gaderffii, is double-ended like my lightsaber and glints with metal sharpened to a lethal edge. I hear that the local people fear them. They merely bore me.
当然在我离开科洛桑之前我就知道自己会遇到些什么。我了解这些塔斯肯袭击者。当地人管他们叫沙人。他们具有侵略性,是凶猛的侵略者。为了适应沙漠的环境,他们穿着土黄色的袍子,戴着呼吸面具和护眼镜。他们的武器,加菲棒,是一种类似我的双头光剑的,绑上了致命的金属刀刃的棍子。我听说当地人很怕他们。而我只是对他们感到厌烦。

I activate one end of my lightsaber, waiting for the Raider to get to me. I am almost weary at the prospect of this battle. Really, if one has to fight, it's more interesting to have a challenge.
我启动了光剑一边的剑刃,等待着袭击者进攻。我对战斗可能的结果感到厌倦。真的,如果我迫不得已要战斗的话,有挑战性的对手会更有趣。

He rushes at me, all aggression without finesse, honking an odd battle cry. With one deft stroke, I cut his gaderffii in two.
他鲁莽地冲向我,古怪地嚎叫着。我一剑将他的加菲棒切成两半。

The tiresome creature roars and shakes the half that is left. He charges me again.
这只讨厌的生物怒吼着,挥舞起剩下的那一半。他又开始挑战我。

Instead of attacking, I follow his every move with my lightsaber, blocking it. I can tell which way he will move before he strikes. He tips it off in so many feeble ways - by his balance, the position of his shoulders, his posture.
我没有攻击,而是随着他的动作舞动光剑挡住每一次进攻。我在他进攻之前就知道他要向哪挥舞他的棍子。他的种种表现都提示了我——他的平衡,他肩膀的位置,他的姿势。

He roars even louder in frustration at my game. It is time to finish this.
他更大声地在这场闹剧中叫喊了起来。是时候结束这一切了。

To draw out your victory is foolish. Get the killing done. Then move on.
拖延胜利是愚蠢的。赶快杀了他。然后继续前进。

But as I gather myself for a combination move that will strike him down, several other Sand People suddenly appear out of nowhere. They spill out from behind dunes, underneath sand, from what appear to be mere cracks in the cliff face.
但当我正要将他一招干掉时,另外几个沙人不知道从什么地方突然冒了出来。他们从土丘后,从沙子底下,从岩壁的石缝中冲出。

It is then that I recall another lesson about the Sand People: they travel in single file to hide their numbers.
这时我才想起来关于沙人的一课:他们总是单列前行以掩盖自己的数量。

There are at least thirty of them. They are all heading for me.
现在至少有三十个沙人。他们都向着我来了。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入星球大战

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号